Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Aerial Video on Slow Stick

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 06:12 AM
SimonBryant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerial Video on Slow Stick

Hi Guys

I have a great aerial video taken by the Aiptek Pen Cam, it's approx 3 minutes at low res, i would to post it on to this forum, how ever the file size is 355mb, any idea's how i can shorten it down and then upload it to this site....the file format is .avi

Regards

Simon
Old 05-03-2004, 03:29 PM
The Juice
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Aerial Video on Slow Stick

You have to change the format from .avi. Try mpeg1 or something along those lines. It is still gonna be pretty big though.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Fubar-One

Well, if we are posting Slow Stick videos, I just shot this last weekend:
[link=http://www.fubar1.net/movies/slowstick1.wmv]Slow Stick 1[/link]
One of my old Spylinker 800mw 1.2ghz systems taped to the underside of my Slow Stick. Bit heavy but worked ok.
ORIGINAL: The Juice

You have to change the format from .avi. Try mpeg1 or something along those lines. It is still gonna be pretty big though.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 AM
VULTCH

Good clip. What CMOS camera were you using? I was surprised at the quality for a CMOS. I'm looking for a very lightweight camera to go with the BW micro transmitter. Thanks! Tony
Old 05-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Fubar-One

If you have a BWAV tx, go for the CCD camera he sells. The BWAV tx would be wasted with a CMOS camera, in my opinion. The camera I used came with the Ebay (Spylinker) 800mw 1.2ghz system. I only used it to see if the Slow Stick would carry it and what the results would be. Compare that video to:
[link=http://www.fubar1.net/movies/wingo1.wmv]Wingo 1[/link]
This video uses one of Bill's 5 volt, 200mw tx's and the Panasonic CX-161 CCD camera he sells. Bit of a difference...
ORIGINAL: VULTCH

Good clip. What CMOS camera were you using? I was surprised at the quality for a CMOS. I'm looking for a very lightweight camera to go with the BW micro transmitter. Thanks! Tony
Old 05-05-2004, 05:10 AM
Mhale71

who is the hill people?
Old 05-05-2004, 11:31 AM
VULTCH

I do have the Cx-161 Bill sells, also the B/W 600mw transmitter,two 200mw BW transmitters, and the new BW 50mw transmitter, also two additional Panasonic CCd cameras. The reason I am looking at a Cmos camera, I am going to use the 50mw in an on road car and I would hate to lose a CCD camera in case of vibration ar accident which at 60mph happens often. Thanks again.

If you have a BWAV tx, go for the CCD camera he sells
Old 05-05-2004, 12:00 PM
CenTexFlyer

Very well produced WingoCam vid, Fubar!

I especially liked the "breaking glass" transition when you hit the tree. Well timed. It might have seemed more appropriate when you tried to move that rock with your Wingo tho [:-]

Question : Do you record directly to tape or DV? Then compress to MPEG? MPEG just doesn't do too good with many scene changes unless you have a really high dollar codec. Just wondering what you use.

Thanx

CTF
Old 05-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Fubar-One

We is the HillPeople.
In addition to Radio Control, I attend Renaissance Faires. At one time we were a group of some 7 or 8 people and decided we needed a name for our group. On Saturday Night Live they used to do a bit called Lothar Of The Hillpeople starring Mike Myers as Lothar. So we ended up with Lothar, Fubar, Lindar, Wolfe, Changeling, Limdul and several others. We also ended up as the Southern California branch of another group called LOOPED (Loyal Order Of Pretzels, English Division).
Some pictures can be found at:
[link=http://fubar1.net/images/rpfs04/rpfs04.htm]Renaissance Pleasure Faire South[/link]
There are several more weekends of this particular Faire to go and I plan to take the Wingo Cam along and overfly the Faire site from the parking lot. Good chance to try out the 12mm CCD camera again.

ORIGINAL: Mhale71

who is the hill people?
Old 05-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Fubar-One

Gotcha.
Yeah, I wouldnt put an expensive camera on an RC car. As I said, I got my cmos cam with the 800mw system. Too bad that guy isnt selling those CCD cameras for $40 anymore!
ORIGINAL: VULTCH

I do have the Cx-161 Bill sells, also the B/W 600mw transmitter,two 200mw BW transmitters, and the new BW 50mw transmitter, also two additional Panasonic CCd cameras. The reason I am looking at a Cmos camera, I am going to use the 50mw in an on road car and I would hate to lose a CCD camera in case of vibration ar accident which at 60mph happens often. Thanks again.

If you have a BWAV tx, go for the CCD camera he sells
Old 05-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Fubar-One

I record to my Sony TRV-120 digital 8 camcorder. I then upload it to my computer in AVI. I do all the editing in AVI then render my finished product to wmv, mpg or what have you.
I am using Pinnacle Systems Studio 8 right now but Fed Ex tried to deliver my Studio 9 upgrade and AV card today while nobody was to home. I am uploading currently with firewire but since they threw in the AV card for another $30 I figured what the hell. I have a grip of old VHS tapes I would like to be able to access scenes and images from. Probably never use the thing but it would be nice to have the option. The racoon tails were sold out...
ORIGINAL: CenTexFlyer

Very well produced WingoCam vid, Fubar!

I especially liked the "breaking glass" transition when you hit the tree. Well timed. It might have seemed more appropriate when you tried to move that rock with your Wingo tho [:-]

Question : Do you record directly to tape or DV? Then compress to MPEG? MPEG just doesn't do too good with many scene changes unless you have a really high dollar codec. Just wondering what you use.

Thanx

CTF