Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

BlackWidow 2.4GHZ Micro transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:18 AM
VULTCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BlackWidow 2.4GHZ Micro transmitter

I can only say WOW!!! B/Ws micro 50mw Core 5-24 transmitter works great. It is so small I thought the package was empty. In the photo it is resting on a quarter. Performance is very good, I did not have any dropouts at 700+ Ft. only some multipath interference, but if you seen where I fly you would know why. I compared it to the BW 600mw system and was really surprised. As soon as the weather permits I'll try it again with the Goof Proof Patch antenna. I really like the small antenna mounted on the transmitter. This is a great little transmitter for lightweight planes. The only downside is there is no case which means extra caution on mounting and installation. Bill only has a few of these in stock, I don't think he has them on his web pages yet, but if interested give him a call. I have bought several units from B/W and have always had great service from him. I don't have the hardware to put a clip on the web at present or I would post one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16364.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	129098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45802.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	129099  
Old 05-04-2004, 02:01 PM
muc

Default RE: BlackWidow 2.4GHZ Micro transmitter

Vultch,

That looks like the same transmitter that I offer at microcameras.com. If it is then it can be powered by one li-poly battery. It uses a 3.3 volt LDO regulator. Also, I have test my Panasonic KX-121 camera at different voltages. I was surprised to find that it would run at 3.3V - 160mA. The CX-161 can't do this. I let the camera run overnight and didn't notice any damage. I would be interested to know if anyone else is running their 121 lower than the specified 5 volts. I haven't had time to get this combo in the air yet. It would make for a very lightweight system only requiring one li-poly.

Mark
Go Vols!
Old 05-04-2004, 04:53 PM
yb2normal

Default RE: BlackWidow 2.4GHZ Micro transmitter

ORIGINAL: reallybadpilot
Also, I have test my Panasonic KX-121 camera at different voltages. I was surprised to find that it would run at 3.3V - 160mA. The CX-161 can't do this
Mark, you are right about the CX161 it starts washing out around 4.3 volts. That is great news on the KX121 though, I never even thought to try and run it on a single li-poly cell!

I just received a shipment of this transmitter so stock is good, I just need to block off some time to shoot some product pics and get it on the website. I can't wait to mount this on my handlaunch glider and get some cool rear-looking launches

Bill