Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Finally... Time for the maiden voyage!

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Finally... Time for the maiden voyage!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 07:20 AM
aaron2874

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally... Time for the maiden voyage!

The weather is being somewhat cooperative after 5 rainy weekends in a row followed by 5 beautiful Mondays in a row. Time to see what this Giant Stinger will do. And of course I will have a video to post soon. Wish me luck!!
Old 05-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Finally... Time for the maiden voyage!

Good luck!!!
ORIGINAL: aaron2874

The weather is being somewhat cooperative after 5 rainy weekends in a row followed by 5 beautiful Mondays in a row. Time to see what this Giant Stinger will do. And of course I will have a video to post soon. Wish me luck!!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:28 PM
aaron2874

gggrrrr..... [:@] GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:@] AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !![:@]

Well, it was raining... AGAIN!! Caused a slight delay, but I still got in the maiden voyage. Unfortunately, it ended in semi-disaster. I had about 4 flight. It was a little windy, but not too bad. Anyway, on my last landing, a sudden gust of wind picked up the plane then stalled it. It was low and slow so it was not a major catastrophe (so I thought). Under the giant airplane thread, ppl have mentioned reinforcing the fuse sides in front of and behind the wing saddle. I didn't know about that until after I had built the fuse. Anyway, mine cracked right where they said it would (behind the first former). I have to do some structural repairs, but it looks worse than it is. No other damage. My wood prop is even ok and it hit the dirst when the fuse split! A definate flaw in the design of Stingers. Sorry, no video yet. When I go back to Moms' tomorrow, I'll snap some pics and update this thread so you can see what I mean. But don't worry, I'll have this sucker ready to for round two before you know it!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Tetley

owch, i can feel your anguish with the weather, Here in the UK the weather sucks most of the time, hope you get fixed up and flying soon.

Jim
Old 05-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Bummer![X(]
Get those bandaids placed and let us know how it turns out.
Rain...
Ive heard of that...
Thought it was a wive's tail like Big Foot or the Loch Ness monster...
ORIGINAL: aaron2874

gggrrrr..... [:@] GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:@] AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !![:@]

Well, it was raining... AGAIN!! Caused a slight delay, but I still got in the maiden voyage. Unfortunately, it ended in semi-disaster. I had about 4 flight. It was a little windy, but not too bad. Anyway, on my last landing, a sudden gust of wind picked up the plane then stalled it. It was low and slow so it was not a major catastrophe (so I thought). Under the giant airplane thread, ppl have mentioned reinforcing the fuse sides in front of and behind the wing saddle. I didn't know about that until after I had built the fuse. Anyway, mine cracked right where they said it would (behind the first former). I have to do some structural repairs, but it looks worse than it is. No other damage. My wood prop is even ok and it hit the dirst when the fuse split! A definate flaw in the design of Stingers. Sorry, no video yet. When I go back to Moms' tomorrow, I'll snap some pics and update this thread so you can see what I mean. But don't worry, I'll have this sucker ready to for round two before you know it!