Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

8V circuit with 9V battery ?

Old 05-14-2004, 10:31 AM
elevator_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8V circuit with 9V battery ?

I just received a new "spylinker" the other week. The previous one I had was listed as 9V. This one has a big 8V sticker on the tx. A fully charged 9V can hit about 10.1V so do you think a fully charged 9V will let out the magic smoke ? Has anyone experienced this and tried a fully charged 9V or should I go through the hassel of using a regulator to keep it at 8V ?
Old 05-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Red B.

Default RE: 8V circuit with 9V battery ?

While I don't know anyting about your camera and it's ability to cope with over-voltage a very simple way of reducing the voltage is to put one or two silicon diodes in series with the battery. You should be able to get them at any repair facility for home elctronics for acouple of cents. Each diode causes a voltage drop of approx. 0.6 V.

/Red B.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:59 PM
mr.rc-cam

Default RE: 8V circuit with 9V battery ?

Some low cost imported cameras freq drift as the battery voltage decreases. So, I recommend that you use a Vreg (LDO type). The LM2940 or LM2931 in a TO-220 pkg should be fine.