Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Crash Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

Hello

I am trying to record my flights using a JVC GR-D70aa Camcorder. My camera system is a KX-121 camera purchased from BWAV and the TX is a 800mw from ebay. The camera system works o.k.
The problem I have is when I connect the receiver straight into the video in on the camcorder I only get a black and white picture on the LCD screen(also records black and white).
If I hook the camera up to the T.V or a 7 inch LCD screen the colour is fine. I have tried connecting the camcorder to the video out on our tv and then the colour is fine on the camcorder and I dont have the black & white problem.

The camcorder is definately set to video in and I have tried connecting it straight into the receiver but had no luck.

Any help would be really appreciated as I am going mad trying to sort this.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:38 PM
yb2normal

Default RE: Need Help

Does the camera offer the ability to select NTSC versus PAL input?

Your symptom sounds exactly like what I see when I (in the USA) plug a PAL camera into my little lcd monitor (which is NTSC)... the video looks great, accept it is black and white.

I guess what I'm saying is that it sounds like the camcorder is expecting a different tv format than you are inputting.

Bill
Old 05-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Crash Pilot

Bill

Thanks for your reply

The camcorder is PAL only (In Specification). All other equipment is PAL also.
To test this just incase the camcorder was packed wrong I pluged in my kids Sony Play Station which is only PAL and the camcorder displays colour.

Crash Pilot
Old 05-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Crash Pilot

Problem has been sorted.
Took everything down to the local electronics shop.
They let me try a video amplifier and the colour has been restored.
Cost me $70 AUD but at least now I have colour and I am able to run my EYETOPS and LCD monitor at the same time without losing any picture quality.

Crash Pilot