Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Newbie's first aerial video: Aiptek, Aerobird, Crash

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Newbie's first aerial video: Aiptek, Aerobird, Crash

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 09:06 PM
manateemedia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie's first aerial video: Aiptek, Aerobird, Crash

Just thought I'd post my first ever aerial video. Just got my Aiptek Mini Pencam 1.3 today and
had to try it out. Unfortunately my crude setup (taping the camera embedded in styrofoam to the plane - on one side of the wing) didn't
work too well. I really thought it wouldn't fly at all, but it did... but didn't want to turn on the side the camera was on. I'm still having
problems with radio communication to the plane... doesn't seem to want to go the 2500 feet range it is supposed to. The guy at hobby
lobby suggested I may need to send it back to make sure the radio/receiver is tuned correctly.

Anyway... here's my video. Starting to think I should have got the Slow Stick

http://www.manateemedia.com/aerobird1.avi (21 MB)

Anyone have suggestions on where to mount this camera? Back to the drawing board...