Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Question about BlackWidow Digi-Live

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Skullder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about BlackWidow Digi-Live

Has anyone had any experience with this? How is it?

If i buy, say a Fuji Finepix 330 (3.2MP) and use the video out to tranmit to the tx>rx>tv, will the picture quality be better than if i just buy the Ready to Fly package from BW with the Panasonic CCD, with the advantage of having to take better quality still pics, and the disadvantage of lower camera battery life and slightly higher cost?

Or is the Panasonic CCD Camera equivalent to a regular camera?
Old 07-18-2004, 02:42 PM
CenTexFlyer

Default RE: Question about BlackWidow Digi-Live

Skullder,

Your video from the Fuji will not be as good as the video cam. Dig cameras are designed to do one thing well, and that's take STILL pictures. Digi-Live is meant to be an aid in composing your picture before you shoot it. You will get some smearing and flare as it crosses from bright things to dark and back again, but it is perfectly acceptable for viewing the picture you are about to take.

CTF
Old 07-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Skullder

Yeah you are right, i was hoping the camera would display the picture kinda like a camcorder.

I went to the store and asked to see how the video out connected directly to a T.V looked - exactly as you said, smearing and flare as the camera moved around.

I guess i will just buy the Black Widow rtf package from a distributor in canada once i purchase a new plane.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Skycam41

One thing you might like to think about is that if you buy a regular wireless camera set up you can put aside the wireless camera and hook up your digital camera (providing it has a video out port) to the TX of the wireless set up. At one point I hooked my digital camera up to my old Hong Kong set up and got pretty good results for video as you are then using the much higher quality optics of the digital camera than a pin ***** lens! You can even add a servo to the camera and take still shots while you are recording the video on the ground to a camcorder. I almost went this route as you are saving the cost of a camera (that is if you already own a digital camera).
Mike