Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Commercial RC aerial photography insurance, getting closer to easy availabilty!

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Commercial RC aerial photography insurance, getting closer to easy availabilty!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:08 PM
ImRich
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Commercial RC aerial photography insurance, getting closer to easy availabilty!

Here is an update for you.

We have the start of an organization to represent the commercial R/C aerial photogaphy 'special interest group'.

This organization is RAPA (the Remote Aerial Photography Association).

We are getting closer to being able to supply insurance on a national level for commercial R/C aerial photography applications. Right now there is insurance available in 23 states.

At this time, RAPA lives on www.helicam.org or more specifically www.helicam.org/forum

Don't let the helicam.org fool you. We welcome all R/C aerial photography, video, etc. the helicam came from the roots of the organization, a helicam operator started to organize this. So fixed wing pilots are more than weclome too!

We're doing a poll of operators right now to be able to understand the needs and the ability to get insurance for everyone. If you are interested in commercial use, please visit and join in the polls with an honest answer.

Commercial use, means anyone being paid to fly, take pictures, even if you are not makign a profit. If you are doing recreational photography, then your AMA insurance will cover you. As you should know, if you are being paid to fly, the AMA insurance will not cover you. (I'm not here to debate about sponsored pilots, etc).

If you are only interested in this topic, please feel free to stop by www.helicam.org and visit, it can only help!

We may be a few months away from being able to supply insurance to everyone. Right now we have someone in the insurance industry who is working with us, and at this time he's helping those out in the states where he is licensed. For the states where he is not licensed, he is trying to help with finding referrals.

For more information, please visit www.helicam.org
Old 11-14-2004, 07:24 AM
ImRich
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Commercial RC aerial photography insurance, getting closer to easy availabilty!

Here's an update on this.

I'm told that we are about one month away to be able to provide liability insurance for commecial/professional aerial photographers!

This is good news!

I hope to be able to report back soon to give you a green light.

Specific details are available via www.rcapa.org / www.helicam.org