Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Whats the catch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 03:04 AM
joseph77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the catch?

Hello All,

Pretty new to flying, i am ok with 3 channel, electric planes and want to branch into AP. can soneone take a look at this link and tell me if its to good to be true! Also if it is can anyone point me in the right direction for what kit i should be looking at to get started. Thanks.

http://www.raidentech.com/rcrtfrecoaim.html
Old 08-18-2004, 03:19 AM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Whats the catch?

ORIGINAL: joseph77
Pretty new to flying, i am ok with 3 channel, electric planes and want to branch into AP. can soneone take a look at this link and tell me if its to good to be true!
I don't know about the product but the company is not one I'd want to deal with (and yes, I've dealt with them just recently when they charged me $20 for $3.50 worth of postage and sent me four dead servos).

But don't take my word for it -- check out this link

In short -- avoid them.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:42 AM
joseph77

Thanks,

As my old dad used to say "if its to good to be true, it normally is!" So can anyone please advise me of a good electric platform to carry a digi camera. (probably a camman aiptek, as the project on his web page looks pretty good. I currently fly a "RC systems easy fly x" which i dont think can handle the extra weight to well. Thanks again.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Deltageek2

Hi, Joseph. Welcome to RC!

Looks like you found the deal of the year. I'm no world trader but isnt that dumping- or they got caught with a million of them in a worldwide recession. You wont find a cheaper price. Hope it all works. Speed 380 is a good motor. The receiver is not a real hobby RC unit- which is ok for a first try to see if you like it. The separate elevator and rudder sticks will drive you crazy. Not for prime time. It should be natural, like playing an instrument, not directing machinery. Remember if you are heading for the ground quickly- throttle off! It wont hit nearly as hard. Also, see my post at the top of RC Video about reception considerations for aerial video.

I got back into RC after a long layoff from it and got a ZAGI. I never lost a day's flying just because I had crashed it. I can't think of anything else that would have taken the abuse and then flew out of my hand again for more! The Stop Sign Strike was memorable- never once broke the radio - or a servo after I switched to metal gear HS-81s for Speed 400 size planes with my trusty old AM 3 channel system which is still flying today and trusted. I got so much airtime I learned how to fly very well- I had 5 battery packs charged & ready- and now enjoy flying in very small fields that I wouldnt consider before- but that Z Buffer- the depth perception thing is kinda funny for me and so it rekits a wing now and then. That's my excuse. How ya like it?

For most people its the "Flying Towards You Thing"- The left/right gets reversed. REMEMBER: Move the stick towards the low wing and it will come up to level. Get it wrong and you turned it upside down about the time it goes WONK. Don't try to reverse it in your head- it leads to too much to think about- Move the stick to the low wing. Everything else is easy... eventually!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:51 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

I just bought (and got) this one : http://www.raidentech.com/3rarecoaiwis1.html

The company was very good to deal with, I got what I ordered in a timely manner nad have had no problems (except my flying ability). If you do order this plane, here are a few suggestions:

1) Buy extra props (they are pretty durable, but not if you hit a fence) !
2) Buy the set of Polyhederal wings - they are really worth it.

(see the badius thread) :
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_12...Creport/tm.htm

3) Balance the plane at 8 7/8" back from the front of the nosecone

I have not put the camera on yet, but others have (see above thread). All works as advertised, so GO FOR IT!

my $0.02