Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Black Widow 600 Camera Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 07:49 PM
BiplaneCrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Widow 600 Camera Set Up

These are a couple of the mounting ideas I had for my BW camera. My son wanted to see what it was like to drive a Nitro 4TEC going 60 mph. I wanted to see what it was like to have a plane with unlimited vertical ability. So we both have won. I'll add two more picyure of my set-up for a Raptor helicopter and a CG Proptoge.

The first pic is a Nitro 4TEC, the camera was able to be controlled by the steering servo, but I did not bother to hook it up.

The second pic is the mount on a Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 60. This is my second Ultra Stick, this time around I chose to not use the flaps as flaperons do the same job. Choosing not to use the flap confiqueration allowed me to use one of two spare servo pockets under the wing. The "Crow" was not so importaint to me, just the vertical. The Stick has a YS110FZ on the nose.

At this time I am unable to up-load video since I do not have the card to do so. These videos were recorded on to a 12vt combo TV VHS style. The video with the 4TEC did not come out very well. I believe I either have a loose solder, or the TX has reflections while being close to the ground. The videos from the Stick were great. Still a bit of tweaking to do. I will eventualy use this for high altitude realestate photos. I need to fashin a still camera on the plane next.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49031.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	168314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59105.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	168315  
Old 08-28-2004, 10:21 PM
BiplaneCrasher

Default RE: Black Widow 600 Camera Set Up

P.S.

The "glitching was coming from a short between the yellow and red wire either touching the Tx case or each other.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Interested to see how the US 60 setup works. I did a similar setup on a Kadet Senior by sheeting between the innermost rib bays then adding Sig ply and cutting out a servo bay. It allowed me to pan fore and aft but was VERY suseptable to vibrations. My own US 60 setup was to build a box that I could rubberband down on top of the wing either facing fore or aft. Got some vibes there but I believe it was the entire "sled" vibrating up and down on the wing. More gumbands might have eliminated it.
I found the video looking backwards was much more interesting than the video looking forwards.
[link=http://fubar1.net/movies/wireless/USBW1.wmv]USBW1 Movie[/link]

Show us your videos!!!
ORIGINAL: Flight47.Com

These are a couple of the mounting ideas I had for my BW camera. My son wanted to see what it was like to drive a Nitro 4TEC going 60 mph. I wanted to see what it was like to have a plane with unlimited vertical ability. So we both have won. I'll add two more picyure of my set-up for a Raptor helicopter and a CG Proptoge.

The first pic is a Nitro 4TEC, the camera was able to be controlled by the steering servo, but I did not bother to hook it up.

The second pic is the mount on a Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 60. This is my second Ultra Stick, this time around I chose to not use the flaps as flaperons do the same job. Choosing not to use the flap confiqueration allowed me to use one of two spare servo pockets under the wing. The "Crow" was not so importaint to me, just the vertical. The Stick has a YS110FZ on the nose.

At this time I am unable to up-load video since I do not have the card to do so. These videos were recorded on to a 12vt combo TV VHS style. The video with the 4TEC did not come out very well. I believe I either have a loose solder, or the TX has reflections while being close to the ground. The videos from the Stick were great. Still a bit of tweaking to do. I will eventualy use this for high altitude realestate photos. I need to fashin a still camera on the plane next.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:53 PM
BiplaneCrasher

Fubar,

I have spent the day with my son again at the local abandoned K-Mart parking lot in Kingston, NY. We decided the set up would be better like this. The video came out much better than the previous since I JB Welded the leads into the Tx of the BW system. We also switched over to 30% heli fuel in the 4TEC and wow!, I am sure we reached at least 63-65mph.

As for the US60, the HiTec 5475 servo was able to hold the camera still, but the wing was flexing and I did not want to do any heavy duty mounting to the plane. It was only held in with the usaul screws. The servo is able to see foward, left/foward, and left aft of the wing. The vibration in my case came from the encloser the camera is in. It is a deoderant can top and made of thin plastic. I wish I could show you the vids, but I have no way of transfering the videos to the computor for posting. Maybe I'll hook-up with a club member and sort it out.

Nice video.

Here is what we did today set-up wise....

Name:	Jh15999.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	168613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47189.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	168614  
Old 08-29-2004, 06:06 PM
BiplaneCrasher

Due to my up-loading problems, I had to shoot at the tv. Better photo soon.

Name:	Vt58861.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	168615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp45974.jpg
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	168616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36727.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	168617  
Old 09-18-2004, 12:24 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

does the video hold up during aerobatics or does it break up a lot?