Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

First few heli-shots...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 02:23 PM
AutoMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First few heli-shots...

Just starting to get some time to fly my heli-cam. Built from PVC and has pan and tilt function, the camera rig weighs in at 3.3lbs and I'm using the new OS 37 for power. Mike.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91529.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	177385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40387.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	177386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39386.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	177387  
Old 09-27-2004, 04:54 PM
fireguy

Default RE: First few heli-shots...

Nice first shots. Welcome to the Helicam club it's a blast ain't it!

Walter
RPVaerialphoto.com
Old 09-27-2004, 06:38 PM
dshepard

Very cool!! I am about to try the very same thing.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:14 AM
AutoMike

Thanks guys! Yep, it all is working very well which is a surprise to me because i most always find a way to botch things up
I've got all the bells and whistles on it and I built it all from parts that I've picked up here and there. The frame for the rig was built from 1/2" pvc and I made the spreader bars from CF arrow shaft from a sporting goods store. A bit of aluminum channel from home depot. The orange noodle was a freebie from a friends pool stuff that I cut with my homemade foam cutting hot wire bow. At this point I've got less than 15 bucks in it. I'm using a Kodak CX 7430 4.0mp cam($275 from wal-mart) and have the A/V output connected to the 800 mw 900mgz wireless Tx i got from China off ebay for $35 including shipping and yes, It really does work perfectly as far out as 3/4 mile tested. Didnt test any farther but still had perfect picture at 3/4 mile. My wife works her own Tx to operate the camera while looking at the monitor and tells be where to be to get the shots. A little bit more practice and AeroImaging of Southern Indiana will be in business
Old 09-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Rj-TailSpin

You mean... SeeMore AeroImaging-grin. Very clear! The large picture is 800X600 and as sharp as can be. If the camera is a 4mb... What program did you use to make it web-ready? The resampling lost nothing!

Does that heli cry when lifting the poundage?

Rj
Old 09-28-2004, 04:27 PM
AutoMike

Thats funny RJ, as for the image, the cam saves the pic as a .jpeg so there is nothing that needs to be done with it to take it to wal-mart for inlarging or posting on the net.
How does the heli like the weight? err...it flys like a mack truck but the OS 37 gives a good amount of reserve power to arrest desents. At its weight it hovers just a few clicks higher than half stick, it comes up into a hover at half stick with out the weight. It climes to needed hight at 3/4 stick very well. I did have a TT 36 in it and it took almost full throttle to get it to hover so that motor got tossed right away. The calibers flexing frame really shows up lifting this weight so I always make a good post-flight insp. to watch for any signs of stress failures. Going to get the gas Preditor from century as soon as funds allow. Mike
Old 09-29-2004, 06:40 AM
W4UAV

Very nice, I use a TT Raptor 30 and a M1 Carbon 30 from Airfoil Helicam, it carries my 5 mp
canon s500 or even my small canon zr60 camcorder with the small battery!
Welcome to the helicam world!