Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Remote Trigger

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Remote Trigger

I've seen some pretty neat camera switched posted here, like a really slick, small PIC controlled unit.

I made mine from stuff I had laying around. It's not the prettiest, but it gets the job done.
I soldered an old servo lead across the shutter switch conacts and it exits the back of the camera. To do stills, I took the driver board from and old servo and replaced the pot with a micro pot of the same value. I connected the servo motor leads to the input of a 4n33 opto-isolator and the the output is plugged into the camera. Plug it into the landing gear channel and turn the pot until the switch triggers when the landing gear switch is flipped. If I want to shoot video, I just strap the camera to the plane and jumper the lead.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37535.gif
Views:	19
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	184920  
Old 10-21-2004, 12:42 PM
mr.rc-cam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remote Trigger

Here is a similar project: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122136

This other project doesn't use the optoisolator (a steering is used instead). However, the opto allows for more compatibility among the various camera makes.

RC-CAM