Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Aerobird Extreme Aerial Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Nik
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Extreme Aerial Video

Well I tied my 9.9oz sony dsc-p32 camera onto my Aerobird Extreme that I got for $115 RTF. I just wanted to check out how it handled the extra weight, and man it flew just great, one hard throw and the plane will go its ways. I really like it because: it will fly extremely long on 3300 cells (35-40 min, no problem), it has a pretty good climb rate, it's big, can carry a good payload (I think it could lift 1 pound without much of a problem) and it can land it pretty small area. Really a good av plane...

I flew in front of the econo lodge which is less than 2 minutes away from my house. The good thing about this place is that it has a small long paved runway where I can land and it has alot of grass that is cut every week. I really like this place and always fly my IC Raptor 30 there.

Now back to the video, I flew after sunset and there was only minimal light available. Because the AE doesn't have a tail wheel, the perfect landing turned into a slid of the paved runway into the nose in on the grass.

Now here is the video:

http://www.2nik.com/ae-av.wmv

Have fun! Hope you like it!

-Nik

Here are some still shots...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59270.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	188991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39983.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	188992  
Old 11-01-2004, 09:27 PM
eyeinthesky

Default RE: Aerobird Extreme Aerial Video

Hi Nik,

Nice video from the Extreme... How is this plane on the power? Could you fly it in some light winds? I thought about getting one to replace my battle worn Badius. Is this camera both still and video capable?
I would like to get something in the 3 Mega-Pixel range that the Extreme could handle. Are you using the stock radio or your own?
Looks like you got some pretty good altitiude also. I even liked the flip at the end...

Eyeinthesky
Old 11-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Nik
My Feedback: (12)

The power seem just fine for this plane, long flight time, good climbing power. It's actually much easier to launch it high winds, I flew in 15 mph with no big problems...

Yeah the camera is both still and video capable, and has an rca output too (For live video link)
But the problem is that to take still you would have to use a servo, and the aerobird doesn't have any way of hooking up a servo...

-Nik
Old 11-01-2004, 10:52 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

How about a pic of the camera mounted on the plane? Good video also. Pretty fall colors.