Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Question about Aiptek Blip Chip camera....

Old 11-29-2004, 01:39 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Question about Aiptek Blip Chip camera....

I can't get the camera to delete it's memory while it's hooked up to my pc.........Do I have to have it hooked up to my plane in order to dump the memory? Or can I hook up a 4.8 pack to energize the camera and then delete the memory?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:58 PM
BroncoXLT

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Question about Aiptek Blip Chip camera....

Randall
My aiptec shows up in "my computer" as a removable hard drive(in windows xp). I can choose one or all of the photos, and then right click, and delete to remove files. Make sure and save wanted photos to your pc hard drive first, though.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:03 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Question about Aiptek Blip Chip camera....

I should have updated this post....I emailed ben at blip chip and he told me how to do all that. So far I've just been ground testing the camera but tomorrow I hope to actually get some stick time in unless the wind starts blowing too hard. This time of year if there's a warming trend the winds usually pick right up along with it.
At least it's given me time to learn the ins and outs of the camera and so far I'm pretty impressed. My only real concern now is whether I have it padded well enough to work on my plane. They don't really recommend the camera for gas or glow. Must be because it doesn't have any image stabilization or something. Anyways, it's worth a try. The photos on the ground look nice............