Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

2.4ghz video range

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 12:49 PM
TX_Firehawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz video range

Hello- last week I installed a color 2.4G camera on my Aerobird Challenger. The video is "ok" at best, and only when I am flying very close to the base station. I have seen external antennas for these but I am not sure what I would need. I also saw where a guy made his own lil amp for his camera, but there were not enough details given on how to do it myself. Does anyone know how or know a resource with information on this? I am not wanting to transmit for miles, just get a good video signal from atleast 500ft + (the box says it will do 450 line of sight but the quality is lowwww). I know I could use a larger antenna on the reciever, but again, not sure whick one. I know I would want an omni-directional

Thanks in advance for any info.

Here is a link to a 60 sec of video. The base station is located in the corner house there I keep going over. As you can see, I am not that high up and the quality is still low. I even had the reciever on the roof.

http://www.the-detox.com/Downloads/U...irplane_02.wmv
Old 01-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Crash Pilot

Default RE: 2.4ghz video range

If you havn't already seen this it may be worth your while having a look.

http://www.rc-cam.com/gp_patch.htm

Crash Pilot
Old 01-19-2005, 07:41 PM
TheZeek

Default RE: 2.4ghz video range

And that goof proof patch will extend the range a good distance. I built one and it worked great. Worst part was Paying 5 or 6 bucks for the shipping of a 4 dollar part.
Zeek