Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Aerobird Challenger W/wireless Cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:25 AM
zlm_us
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Challenger W/wireless Cam

I ordered one of those cheap wireless spy cameras from ebay and slapped it on my challenger. The range sucked and the video is ok, but for $30 I works for me. I thought I would share the video with everyone. I might also add that the wind was blowing around 7-9 mph so my plane was pushed around. I did have one nose dive straight into the ground (no damage). I also almost struck my wifes Tahoe and she was not very happy .

Sorry I don't have the bandwidth to host these anymore
Old 02-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Troglotech

Default RE: Aerobird Challenger W/wireless Cam

Good stuff! I especially like the crash....I've got loads of those on tape...trees, bushes, grass and concrete all in living colour! I think the CMOS cameras suit the HZ really well, as they are reasonably light and appear to be indestructable. I've got through 3 planes and 3 main wings on the last one and the camera is still going.....
Old 02-10-2005, 12:46 PM
zlm_us

I agree, after the crash I located the camera about 5-6 feet away from the plane I just knew it was history. I hooked it back up and it worked. I just wish the wind would quit blowing so I can go back out [:@]
Old 02-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Troglotech

Yep, same here, hasn't really calmed down since Christmas. Managed a quick flight a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased when the Challenger returned safely after a damb-good buffeting!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:28 PM
zlm_us

Video Links will probably be dead before long. This is really sucking my bandwidth fast [:@]