Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Spur of the moment camera flight

Old 04-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Beige

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spur of the moment camera flight

Nothing special, but it was a nice day out and decided to fly my Limbo Dancer, but the Rx pack needed charging leaving me with 30mins to kill...

So i dug out an old digi cam (£20 from Tesco a few years ago) make a servo platform wrapped it up in packing tape and mounted it to the plane, worked a treat

Sorry about the bad/fuzzy pics, but my current best camera is on my phone... [:'(]

Camera wrapped in tape, and balsa structure CA'd to it

Whole thing wrapped in tape to stiffen it up, and stop the servo blowing away [:-]

Bit of scrap ply glued to the bottom and put under the wing bands, servo connected to an aux channel

One reason for doing this was to prove the camera mount setup, and it seems fine, even after throwing the plane around a bit, theres not 1 weak joint, just need a camera that'll do video now
Old 04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Jeepindog

Default RE: Spur of the moment camera flight

Nice job. It's kind of funny, but your elevators, rudder, and ailerons seem to be in the exact same position in every shot! I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Anyway, good pics.

Lachlan
Old 04-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Beige

Default RE: Spur of the moment camera flight

ORIGINAL: Jeepindog

Nice job. It's kind of funny, but your elevators, rudder, and ailerons seem to be in the exact same position in every shot! I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Anyway, good pics.

Lachlan
lol, thats their neutral state, both ailerons are a bit warped (i'll get round to straightening them some day) and i was trying keep the plane relatively motionless while taking the pics, the camera doesn't like much movement