Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Serious Video shot

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Skycam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious Video shot

I'm not sure if you guys are into the professional side I thought you might
find some of this interesting.

News video we just shot of a school bus crash. 5 megs
[link=http://www.airfoilaviation.com/helicam/buscrash.wmv]Bus Crash[/link]

Our Storm team using the electric heli system. Sorry 25 megs
[link=http://www.airfoilaviation.com/helicam/stormteam.wmv]Storm Team[/link]

You can see more about us at
www.airfoilhelicams.com

A page with Thermal video's and search and rescue's
[link=http://www.airfoilhelicam.com/thermal.php]Videos[/link]

Thanks I hope you find some of the shots interesting.
John
Old 05-14-2005, 10:21 AM
mklarich

Default RE: Serious Video shot

Skycam, you guys are recording on a digital camcorder I am guessing. Video looks great of the bus crash, I heard about it on my way to or from work yesterday. Not many jitters at all and you got your name on the news. Nice job!!

Matt Klarich
www.klarichelectronics.com
Okawville, IL
Old 05-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Skycam

Thanks

We work with NBC so we're on from time to time. Its odd in the last two weeks we have had 4 school bus crashes around here.

I wouldn't have even posted it but Fox was there with a full size also and our video's look almost the same. I'm told by a
customer in St Louis that Fox zoomed in on the heli and stated it is some sort of minature heli used in IL. The flying wasn't the best
,the bugs from the river were just covering us. At one point a person was knocking them off of me while I was flying.

I have to tell you we work with the Law enforcement around here and after this was over they said the kids could see the train coming
which was going about 10mph and yelled at the bus driver who had the back 4ft of the bus on the tracks. She told the kids to stay in their seats.
I have no idea why? It’s a 65 passenger bus with 39 on board I would have had them run to the front. God was watching out for the one child if not all of them, his seat was ripped from the back of the bus and he was thrown next to the tracks and ended up with only a slight concussion laying next to a moving train.

Thanks
John

Old 05-15-2005, 08:07 AM
W4UAV

John, I took the helicam with me last week on my storm chase vacation, the only chance I would have had to use it was after a half mile wide tornado went through an area that tore power poles down Neast of Plainview, TX on Thursday and scoured the road. There were a couple of local storm newsteam vehicles there already. Before I could deploy, several other chaser vehicles approached as local law enforcement arrived and cleared everyone out except the news vehicles.

It wouldve been nice!
I think Ill talk to my local news station here in Gainesville, FL
Thanks for the video footage john!

Mike