Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

HELP ! with wireless video system

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 02:32 PM
bhouckss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ! with wireless video system

I bought the Microwireless.com MC2 usb system. It came with a 5.5 dbi antenna. I took it out and had mixed results. Iam flying it on a parkzone f27 stryker electric. The ensuing video was ok but had a lot of interference. I asked at microwireless and they said to try
one of their 8 dbi antennas. I had to return to work so i didnt get one. I did talk to a freind that let me try a 14 dbi antenna. The results were better but still a lot of interference. Is it the electric plane? Is more dbi better? HELP ! ! I mounted the 14 dbi on a camera tripod too. Any sugestions? Thanks Brian H.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:49 PM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP ! with wireless video system

I have the MC2, but not the USB system. It looks like this is essentially the same reciever as the regular system. I use the +8 db patch antenna from RC-CAM.COM (home-built), and as long as the antenna is generally pointed in the direction of the plane, reception is good for the width of our flying field. I believe I'm getting in excess of 1000-1500 foot range.

Sources of interference can be nearby powerlines, your computer power supply, the inverter for your laptop screen, nearby running car engines (alternators).

One thing I have noticed is that this system does drop out when the plane flys out of the cone for the reciever. Also, make sure you are using a fresh 9 volt battery for the camera. I've found that if the battery voltage measures below 8.1-8.2 volts, reception gets worse.

Some examples of my videos with the MC2 can be seen at:

http://www.archive.org/download/Brad...rvey_small.WMV

and

http://www.archive.org/download/Brad..._in_flight.WMV

Good luck!
Brad