Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

RC Video - Advancing the RC hobby.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:17 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Video - Advancing the RC hobby.

RC Video is a great new part of RC flying. Any hobby that does not advance with the times is doomed, how can RC compete with computers, nintendo, and all the neat things available to kids now days if it does not advance along with the rest of the world ? There are a few paranoid "chicken littles" out there that are flaming people for pushing the limits of RC flying, which is short sighted and wrong. Its sad we cant watch record videos anymore because of a vocal minority. Georgio Azza, holder of many FAI records was ruthlessly flamed for posting his FAI and AMA sanctioned flight to 15,000 feet video until I started posting in his defense. That seemed to turn the tide and enough intelligent people started to defend him also that the paranoid few were quickly put in thier place.

Unfortunately one of the moderators over at RC Groups seems to have joined the paranoid few and is trying to quash RC Video. I was BANNED yesterday from RC Groups for posting this.

"Try wireless video, that is 10 times better than just taking pictures. Then try a 2.2 mile flight or something of the like and it never gets boring "

The moderators comment was "Repeating this point in multiple threads is being deliberately provocative." My post was in response to a post by a member called "Bored to tears with AP?" My post was a relevant post and a good suggestion for someone that got bored with just taking pictures... My post was in NO WAY offensive or provacative , his censoring that post and banning me was plain MISCONDUCT by thier moderator, who obvisouly has an agenda. What do you all think ?

Should a small vocal minority be able to quash RC video a the future of this hobby ? Should we just quietly let it happen ?
Old 08-29-2005, 09:32 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Video - Advancing the RC hobby.

This site limits that and many other things including "good sites" because they are competition and cut into the bottom line. (Which is why I do not frequent here as much as I used too)

On the otherhand I think wireless video is C-R-U-D!!! Put a REAL video camera up there. The only thing wireless should be used for is framing your shots for the video or still camera

I am building something like this for myself.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:08 PM
JettPilot

This site limits that and many other things including "good sites" because they are competition and cut into the bottom line. (Which is why I do not frequent here as much as I used too)
Im not sure I follow you, you say this site censors more than RC Groups ??? It was over there that they banned me for posting this:

"Try wireless video, that is 10 times better than just taking pictures. Then try a 2.2 mile flight or something of the like and it never gets boring "

Censorship will kill a site real fast and cut into the bottom line also. Following rules of no bad language etc. is one thing, but this was not an issue of rules, it was censorship plain and simple.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:26 PM
DebianDog

ORIGINAL: JettPilot

Censorship will kill a site real fast and cut into the bottom line also. Following rules of no bad language etc. is one thing, but this was not an issue of rules, it was censorship plain and simple.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly! But 'RCHeliSpot .com' 'Heli Freaks.com' and many others are banned from being linked.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
JettPilot

Thats quite a camera you have mounted in that thing [X(] What sized engine is that in your heli ? Did you make this setup for busieness or hobby use ? That camera mount looks professional made, where did you get it ?

Jett
Old 08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
DebianDog

It is not mine but the mount is either a http://www.helicamsolutions.com or http://www.airfoilhelicams.com/m1-mount.php I think the latter.

It is a big Gas 2-stroke (not glow) heli
Old 08-30-2005, 06:38 PM
W4UAV

Thats a Helicam Solutions mount, I use both.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:42 AM
DebianDog

Ah thanks!