Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Morning Video (11-28-05)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
typicalaimster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morning Video (11-28-05)

Nothing like an Egg McMuffen and the prop blast of an AXI to get you going in the morning!

I woke up a bit early to the sound of a light drizzle which cleared out after about 2 hours. Made a quick stop at McDonalds for breakfast and headed over to the local park [link=http://www.myuav.com/video/Aerosodle/112805-1000flight.wmv.zip]for a quick flight (18megs)[/link]. I put a new V-Tail mixer in the plane and I need to do some trim adjustments on the ground. It seems that I have ran out of electronic trim. I shot a few quick passes of the local sports center the county is building and after a quick 4 minute flight I called it a morning. I'm still breaking in the new pack I bought so I don't want to go all out on it yet.

I did send [link=http://www.myuav.com/video/Aerosodle/SportsCenterFlyby.wmv]a clip of the video[/link] over to the parks admin. Since this is Northern Va I'll get an email back with a cease and desist letter attached to it!!

--Scott
Old 11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Morning Video (11-28-05)

Good ole Virginia!

I see why people prefer helicopters for video. Looked shakey up there!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:57 AM
typicalaimster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Morning Video (11-28-05)

The plane was out of trim to. It was requiring alot more up-trim than what I had left on my radio. It was a minor inconvenience while I was flying but no big deal. In order to fix it I would have to head back to my house and pick up a hex wrench and adjust the linkage.