Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Need tiny passive ir capable cam for tank

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Need tiny passive ir capable cam for tank

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need tiny passive ir capable cam for tank

Need a wireless cam smaller than 1"x1" that will work well at night. Something like this http://www.raidentech.com/miwispycanca.html that works. I'm needing it for an rc tank to use in conjuction with a non visible ir targeting laser for night fighting.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:00 PM
buttfaceflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need tiny passive ir capable cam for tank

i put one on my rc tank that shoots bb's. I mounted it right on the barrel. It's awesome, i drive around my house using the tv to see what I'm shooting at.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:53 PM
kd7ost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need tiny passive ir capable cam for tank

What will work best for you is a low lux Black and White camera. Like this one.

http://www.supercircuits.com/index.a...OD&ProdID=4221

Check their site for other specs though. They have a lot of options. The lower the lux rating, the better it will see in darkness. Since there isn't enough light in the dark to reflect color, a color camera would work against your system. They don't have the same resolution for size and don't typically see in as much darkness. (Higher lux ratings)

Dan