Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

question about monitors

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default question about monitors

I use a mini cam in conjuction with a mirror periscope in my rc tank. Problem is the video image is reversed due to the mirror. My question is, are there any high speed monitors out there that will alow me to reverse the image ?
Old 02-05-2006, 08:36 AM
tippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: question about monitors

Another mirror in front of the monitor .... ?

If you just need an unreversed image to drive the tank around with, then try another mirror at the monitor. Of course, that's a quick answer if you are watching the video live but obviously your recorded video (if that's what you're doing) will still be backwards.

You could do some heavy video editing to reverse the video. I believe Adobe Premiere has a feature to reverse the affects of a mirror image.

Good Luck,
d.tipton
Old 02-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Sky High

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: question about monitors

Yes, there are LCD monitors that have a pos/neg switch for doing this because they are sometimes used as teleprompter monitor which use a mirror. Make sure to ask before buying though. You can get these at the links below. They run between $200-$300. And yes, software like Adobe Premiere will allow you to flip the image and much more.

[link=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=184143&is=REG&addedTroughType=search]B&H Video[/link]

[link=http://www.varizoom.com]Varizoom[/link]

www.markertek.com