Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

PUTFILE.COM video's won't play ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:20 PM
rc4j
My Feedback: (103)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PUTFILE.COM video's won't play ??

I can't get any of the video's on putfile.com to work for me. I have quicktime ver. 6.5 , Windows Media Player ver 10 , and macromedia flash player. Is something else needed, any special codec to download? The link to the video on putfile.com gives me a page with windows media player shown, but clicking on the player does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:57 PM
sxates

Default RE: PUTFILE.COM video's won't play ??

Do you have the IE7 beta installed (that caused some problems for me recently).

Putfile seems a little unstable in general though. I don't think they are recoding any of the videos, so if someone posts it using a codec you don't have, it won't play.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
rc4j

I've got IE 6.0 installed. Only the putfile.com videos aren't working, it seems. Links to other video hosting sites are working fine.

I've been watching these videos of AP lately, and it's got me wanting to make some of my own. I have long since wanted to hook a camcorder to one of my rc planes, but never got around to it. After viewing some great videos on this site, I bit the bullet and bought one of the Aiptek IS-DV mini's off ebay the other night. They are so small, lightweight and fairly inexpensive, it's gotta be a good time to try it out. I've got alot ahead of me to figure out the whole process of making video's, but it sounds like fun. I can't wait!

Anyone care to offer their experiences mounting the camcorder in a way to minimize vibration, please feel free to share. I'll be using one of my gas planes.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:41 PM
roltech

ORIGINAL: Jai Williams

I can't get any of the video's on putfile.com to work for me. I have quicktime ver. 6.5 , Windows Media Player ver 10 , and macromedia flash player. Is something else needed, any special codec to download? The link to the video on putfile.com gives me a page with windows media player shown, but clicking on the player does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Same goes for me I'm use to though when I see putfile file! I just click the red X out of there, I have all what you have plus more players including realplayer. ATI. Nero, ect. so I just gave up. If anyone has the answer please post it.

roltech
Old 02-15-2006, 11:38 AM
mr.rc-cam

Remove MS Security Patch KB896688. It is removed by going to the Control Panel, selecting Add/Remove Programs (select "show updates" option if available), then selecting the Patch's entry.

Or, if you insist on using the security patch, try this fix (might not work for everyone): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909889
Old 02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
rc4j

thanks for the info mr.rc-cam, the putfile videos work for me now. I was hesitant to remove the patch, however, when it told me that a number of programs currently intstalled might not work properly afterwards. I set a restore point in XP before removing the patch, and figured I'd wait and see.