Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

sutter control

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 11:40 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sutter control

Hello Guys this has probably been asked before. but I am thinking about building a plane and adding a camera inside the fuselage. I was wondering what I could do to setup the radio to work the shutter of the camera. any suggestions to a new AP guy would be apprecieated.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:22 AM
twinturbostang

Default RE: sutter control

Usually people start off by strapping a servo to the camera to physically activate the shutter button via an aux. channel. The more advanced setups use a PIC (Programmable Integrated Circuit) chip to electronically read the channel from the receiver and then also electronically trip the shutter release mechanism. You can find some good examples of this here: http://www.rc-cam.com/project1.htm
Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 PM
rccrazedman

ok thanks for the site I did check it out and if I was more able to do this myself that would be coo. I was also thinking of the option of just mounting a servo over the camera and just haveing the arm hit the shutter button. But my problem is that I have one of those types of cameras that you press the shutter part way down before the camera focuses and then you press the shutter the rest of the way down . this is what I'm not sure how to get around . Any suggestions ?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:22 PM
kd7ost

Thats not a problem. All of our camera's are like that. If you just push the button the whole way, it will focus first then take the picture.

Dan
Old 03-10-2006, 08:31 PM
rccrazedman

ok if it works like that this is good. I have an old film type camera for now. but I was just going by my experience where if I pushed the shutter the cheap camera let me take the unfocused pic. I think the more expensive ones just don't take if its not in focus. anyway I will give it a try and see what happens. this makes things real easy then. thanks guys.