Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Wireless digital camera

Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 PM
chicken hawk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless digital camera

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows how I can combine my digital camera with my live feed camera. I have tried to place the wireless camera behind the digital to view off the LCD screen but it didnt work. Is there a hack that is easy to do? I would like to see what I am taking pictures of.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:20 PM
kd7ost

Default RE: Wireless digital camera

It depends on you digital camera. A lot of the new realy tiny ones can't be done. Many other variants use a AV output jack. This allows you to connect your camera to a TV, VCR or the like. We use that output and wire it up to the input of a 900 Mhz or 2.4 Ghz transmitter and downlink the camera view.

Dan
Old 03-07-2006, 02:59 PM
chicken hawk
My Feedback: (1)

Dan
I am using a sony 5.1 mega pix cam. It does have the AV output. I am using one of the cheap hong Kong 1.2 or close to it Ghz live cam. So what do I need to set this bad boy up? I have very limited soldering experience and next to no cash flow[]. You make it seem really easy (which I hope it is).
Thanks for any help.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:54 PM
slacsteve
My Feedback: (3)

My cheap Hong Kong camera has a separate camera with RCA jack and transmitter with jack. I just took off the camera and plugged the av/RCA cable from my Nikon and have live video. You may have to cut the wire to the camera and install a mating RCA jack from Radio Shack. That will require minor soldering.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:06 PM
W4UAV

For what its worth, the 1.2 ghz wireless cameras are illegal to use in the US.