Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Black Box V2 & GPS....input please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Skycam41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Box V2 & GPS....input please.

As I have mentioned, Act-Labs has been working on the development of a new version including GPS OSD. I have a few questions to throw out for consideration and comments are encouraged

OK, with having GPS on screen display, what would your purpose for it be?

Is just having the GPS info displayed enough or would it be good to have the info recorded internally for play back later to see "where you went?"

What if this went further and not only did the BB V2 have OSC GPS but the BB had GPS pass through ability so it could be linked to Matt K's PDC-10 clone for autonomous flight? Does this make your imagination turn up a notch?

Please post your thoughts, ideas or email them directly to me

Mike

PS: My pusher is very close to its maiden!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:30 PM
kd7ost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black Box V2 & GPS....input please.

I would like an OSD that runs on 5 volts. I would like to be able to have the altitude converted to feet.
Also, I want the Lat and Lon expressed as degrees and decimal minutes as well as heading and speed.

The pass through isn't likely needed as a design crtieria. I currently feed my GPS output via a Y cable to
my PDC-10 and my OSD unit. The RS232 format will happily drive several devices. This is better I think
as it runs the units in parallel instead of series.

Dan