Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Two AVs from last weekend, one in the fog

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Two AVs from last weekend, one in the fog

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 04:16 PM
whogdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two AVs from last weekend, one in the fog

Here's a couple clips from last weekend. They were taken about an hour apart, the sun had burned the fog off as you can see in the second video. Never lost visual on the plane in the fog video.

http://media.putfile.com/Flying-in-the-Fog

http://media.putfile.com/March-12-2nd-Flight
Old 03-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Quacker

Default RE: Flying in the Fog

What a nice video! I bet it looks great on your TV.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:56 PM
whogdriver

Default RE: Flying in the Fog

Thanks Quacker,actually I haven't played it on the tv yet!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:40 AM
rchelibuff
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Two AVs from last weekend, one in the fog

Wow,

You have posted some real nice in cockpit view videos. I have to ask you what system are you using? It gives great video and also transmits audio I hear. What do you think the range of it is, and would it work in a gasser with and electronic ignition without interference?

Thanks
Mike
Old 03-21-2006, 12:27 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Great videos whogdriver as always [sm=thumbup.gif]. You seem to be getting more agressive with the flying which is really neat. Whenever I log in here the first thing I do is scan this forum to see if you have posted anything new

I would love to see some detailed pictures of your plane, ground setup, recorder, etc. The video quality is really great with no dropouts. Where you flying by watching camera in those fog videos ? Keep the videos comming, we all really enjoy them !

Jettpilot
Old 03-21-2006, 04:31 PM
twinturbostang

Next thing we know, he'll be doing touch-and-go's from the roof tops of cars driving by on that highway!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 PM
whogdriver

Thanks guys, it's really is nice to get the great comments from you guys. When I go fly these days, I actually think to myself, what can I do different so the guys don't get bored.
Next time out I'll try to remember my digital camera and snap some pictures for you Jettpilot. I really don't have anything special, other than the Diversity receiver which I've only used on three flights to date. I actually forgot it and left it at the house this last weekend when I recorded the "Gonna Shoot You Down" video. On the fog flight, the whole flight was visual. As for landing on the car rooftops, I'll see if my friend will let me use his plane to do it Twinturbostang.
I see you guys live in the northern Virginia area. I grew up in SW Virginia, spent 9 years in Richmond and live in Florida now. I like Virginia and will probably move back up that way some day.
To get some cool video, I'm thinking of building a fast flying wing (like a Zagi) with a Mega 16/15/2 in rear pushing and putting the camera up in the nose. I built a couple Scimatar series flying wing planes some years back from Bill Evans plans, 0.46 powered, and they were fast, these had a psuedo fuselage to hold the gear but no horizontal stab, just vertical stab, no rudder, elevons for control (only need two servos). Any thoughts?

For rchelibuff, my system is from blackwidowav.com, 200mW transmitter, KX141 camera. With the stock whip antennas, range is a about 1/2 mile I estimate. I don't have any experience with this video gear in gas or nitro powered vehicles. It might be ok if you shield everything.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:27 PM
twinturbostang

My Grandmother lives in Radford Va, which is just a little bit south-west of Richmond (40 miles or so). I head down that way for the holidays, and also head down to Bristol, TN which is where my Father-n-law lives. Virginia is a weird state. Northern Va is TOTALLY different than the southern areas, due to it's proximity to D.C. The rest is rural country area. I'm in Maryland, but still suburbs of D.C. also.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:31 AM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Having video in a gas or nitro powered plane is no problem at all. The problem with noise is when its in proximity to the reciever, so the planes receiver and control can suffer from a noisy gas engine. But having noise next to a transmitter is no problem, your video reciever is on the ground, so a gas engine far away in the plane will not have an effect on your video. Vibration is another issue [:@] I had to mount my video transmitter and camera in foam to get good video from it, took lots of space...

I have a flying wing I would like to put a camera on one day. Its a big wing, 8 feet span and I want to make it electric, so I will have to wait for the price of big lipos to come way down before I can afford to build it The EPP wings are very fast and crash resistant though, so one with a camera could be lots of fun !

If you are looking for something new to do with your plane, chasing birds around is alway great fun and should make a good video

JettPilot