Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

My inflight video experiments

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Riverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My inflight video experiments

Hello

I recently purchased a cheap digital video camera for the purposes of RC videography. I've been shooting inflight videos with my Walkera 36 helicopter. I started with the helicopter but soon came to the opinion that aerial videos from an airplane would be much more exciting than what I am capable of doing with my overloaded helicopter.
Yesterday I came up with a crude camera mount for my aerobird that straps on to the side of the fuselage of my Aerobird Xtreme park flyer. Needless to say the imbalance makes it very challenging to fly. Its very heavy but I've started to get a feel for it and I thought I would share the videos with everyone. They are of mpeg4 format that some may not be able to view without the correct codecs. They don't stream so you will need to wait 3-5 minutes for it to load off Putfile. I hope to shoot more and share them if there is any interest.

Enjoy and please let me know what you think. Cheers, Brett

Click here to watch Aerobird-Xtreme-Apr-2 Aerobird Inflight vid

Click here to watch Aerobird-Xtreme-Touch-N-Go-1 Aerobird

Click here to watch Kelowna-Inflight-3 Helicopter inflight vid

Click here to watch Inflight-video-crash Helicopter inflight crash!

Click here to watch Kelowna-External-2 Helicopter external cam

Old 04-08-2006, 11:11 PM
friedclutch

Default RE: My inflight video experiments

Not sure why but the video will not play. I tried the first link. It downloaded in about 6 min and says that its playing but all I get is a blank screen and the video progress bar does not move. Hmmmmmmmmm. The "Shoot you down" video is posted on putfile and it works.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:20 AM
Riverman

Default RE: My inflight video experiments

friedclutch

You're not alone in not being able to load my videos. They are of the mpeg4 variety and require the proper video codecs installed to work properly. It seems most people do not yet have these codecs on they're machines. It's worth your while to get them as mpeg4 compression is efficient and good quality.

Regards