Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

A separate UAV Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 10:01 AM
wsmalley
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A separate UAV Forum?

It's seems the natural flow of the video technology drifts into the UAV area. Once you have video, one can add GPS, video overlay of GPS data, and plug in a waypoint contol device, like the old UNAV PDC10, and throw in autopilot-PA1, FMA Copilot, BTA, telemetry,etc. Wondering if there is enough interest in this to have a separate forum for guys interested in UAV/RPV's to share ideas. Any thoughts? Bill S.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:43 AM
typicalaimster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A separate UAV Forum?

I know alot of us primarly use the UAV forum and Aerial Photo forum over on RCGroups..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=238

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128

I quit posting alot of stuff on RCU because of the "Sky is falling chicken littles" on here.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:14 AM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

There are plenty of idiots here that worry about RC video Planes flying over unpopulated areas, which have never killed anyone, while they totally ignore 50,000 drunk driving deaths a year. We also had plenty of those on RC Groups, last year, but as more and more of us started flying video and UAV's they were pretty much shut up. When their view was "popular" they were very vocal, but when they became the minority opinion they quickly hid in the cracks instead of confronting the large number of us that now do this.

I like idea of a UAV forum here, and as far as the "chicken littles", the best way to deal with them is to descridit, and expose them for the paranoid idiots they really are. They look for a receptive audicnece, and as soon as they lose that they lose interest. Every wondered why they never go to the free flight forums and tell those guys how dangerous it is to fly an model plane without the ability to aviod and all other lame carp they come up with... Its the same deal, flying a model with no "see and avoid" , no control... Its been done for over 50 years, but its just not new and scarey to the average emotionally driven paranoid moron. If they ever tried posting thier paranoid stuff in a free flight forum, everyone there would tell them what idiots they are, and dismiss them. With no receptive audience, and when they are made to look like fools, they just go away.

JettPilot
Old 05-13-2006, 12:33 PM
viper1

aaaAAAAmen !!