Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

good equipment

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:24 PM
clayton_crowder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good equipment

i was wanting to do a search and rescue for my traner alpha 60 that went down u heavy dence woods at airport.i need some feedback which system i need and what u think about me putting this system on my alpa 40 traner to do the search.do i need a handhelp receiver r the sunglasses ect?
Old 05-19-2006, 11:27 PM
kd7ost

Default RE: good equipment

Unless your .60 is sitting up high in the tree tops, you won't likely find it with a downlinked video system. I would look for other means to locate it first. I'm sure you guys did a search already. How did that go?

Dan
Old 05-19-2006, 11:42 PM
clayton_crowder

its a chance its in trees.we looked and looked.theres allso a creek with 50 foot gully with creek at bottom.very snakey down there.so we abbandened the search but i wanna keep looking.but i will not go down there with the snakes either.i been wanting a video system anyway.would like to have one that tells me the attitude;longitude;latitude and mph the plane is flying so i can moniter while i fly.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:35 AM
kd7ost

Most of us buy from BWAV, http://www.blackwidowav.com/. You would then need a GPS and an overlay board.

Dan
Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 AM
clayton_crowder

ok whats a gps and overlay board and i must have that?
Old 05-21-2006, 02:44 AM
kd7ost

You don't need them to fly. But in your post above you indicated you wanted to see the "longitude;latitude and mph the plane is flying so i can moniter while i fly". This is generally done with a GPS unit and a video overlay board. Take a look at this older poor quality video I have posted. It shows what the GPS and overlay board do for you.

Dan

http://media.putfile.com/Dead-Stick-Landing
Old 05-21-2006, 01:16 PM
cheek_nuts

Check out my link below. i use an Aiptek MPVR Strapped to my Alpha 40 Trainer. Resolution is so good i could see small objects on the ground even at high altitudes. www.putfile.com/ivaniski