Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

no gas no go o..snap

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:56 PM
steve_molmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no gas no go o..snap

The quality of the video realy suffers when when place it in a windows format.
If any one knows a solution I am open to it.

Here is what happens when the on board ignition dies, ok so I ran out of gas...
http://www.putfile.com/docairman
Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: no gas no go o..snap

A Windows format for video is 10,000 times better than ANY Putfile.com video I have ever watched. Just stick to what works!!

You can thank me later
Old 05-24-2006, 03:01 PM
steve_molmer

Ok fair enough.
Is there a way to directly link a Windows media format file to the forum?

I know this may be simple to the rest of you but I design electronics not software.
Besides its been a long time since I used a forum.
thanks for your help on this.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Sky High

No, the quality issue is not Windows Media. The quality is determined first by the quality of camera's resolution and what format the video was recorded to and then what data rate and resolution the video is compressed with for internet delivery. Putfile and any other provider is just an interface to play the video with. What kind of onboard camera and what format did you record your video to? It looks like VHS quality. The old saying goes, if it's crap going in, it's going to be crap coming out.

The way to directly link your videos anywhere is to have them on a hosted server that you can use a direct URL to the video file. There are plenty of providers out there that have tons of space for $10 and less per month but you have to watch that bandwidth usage to prevent overage charges. This is what I do to host my video files.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 AM
steve_molmer

Thanks for your help on this.
I think I found the problem. The original videos have all been done on a 30 frame per-second DVR at about 600 lines of resolution considering the settings on the DVR and the resolution of camera. If I down load the video directly to the hard drive on my laptop via Ethernet the video quality stays the same but when I down loaded it via the fire wire connection as I used in the previous post beefer uploading, the system decreases the resolution down to what looks to be only about 330 lines give or take.
I forgot the codec board in this old unit was set to archive the video to a secondary dive in this manner.
This weekend I will upload it directly from the main drive which will improve the video quality considerably.
I will get one the guys here at he base to setup a sever platform to use for videos and Pict's.