Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

I Need Software Help???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:59 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Software Help???

I just bought a new DVD camcorder and I am starting to play with it. From the research and software I have, I now know how to change the video so that I can edit it on MS Windows video software, burn it and watch it.
The question is........ Can I find a SIMPLE ALL IN ONE software package for the basic user that will compress, change formats, do editing and maybe add a few simple effects. (don't want to break the bank either)
Oh buy the way, I do really like the Microsoft video editing software included with xp. It is simple to cut out unwanted parts. That is about all I have done so far.

Ralph
Old 08-29-2006, 03:54 AM
lvspark

Default RE: I Need Software Help???

Simple all in 1 sound like windows movie maker that you are already using.. Other than that, I use some abobe premere and after effect but they are not nearly as easy nor cheap.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:13 AM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Thank you for the information lvspark. I did not realize that windows movie maker could take a .VOD file and change it to an AVI or mpeg. I was using a share ware utility to change file formats.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
lvspark

WHOA! Forget what I said...! .vod I am not familliar with. I was thinking about pulling it off like a miniDV with firewre capture... Never played with DVD recorder.. Sorry