Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Opinions on wireless cockpit view flight?

Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Opinions on wireless cockpit view flight?

Old 09-25-2006, 01:31 PM
peterkonrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on wireless cockpit view flight?

Just wondering how many fliers have experimented with installing a wireless video downlink for primary flight? ie: Cockpit rc sim view.

I can imagine that there are several drawbacks to this- but I can see many advantages of this also. There are many ways to widen the field of view, and fisheye lenses to play with.

Just wondering how popular the idea is, why it isn't if it isn't, and what experiences others have had if they do in fact use it.

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:28 PM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Opinions on wireless cockpit view flight?

Fish eye lenses are a bad idea. If you want to fly by video, get a lens that looks normal. No one trys to put on wide view glasses when flying full scale, and RC by video is no different. A fish eye view would make it much more difficult.

Use a normal camera, and aim it out front, it works very well. When flying a real plane, you take off and land by looking out the front window. If you want to fly RC by video, you need to do the same thing, a normal camera looking forward...

The side views are not really needed, and you most definately do not want to sacrifice the all important forward view to see out the sides.

JettPilot
Old 09-26-2006, 09:48 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Opinions on wireless cockpit view flight?

http://www.therawfeed.com/2006/09/vr...olest-toy.html