Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Parkzone Typhoon for AP?

Old 01-14-2007, 12:17 PM
healthyfatboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Typhoon for AP?

I am looking at getting a 4-channel plane that I could eventually use for AP. Does anyone know if this would have the capability to do AP? To start with, I would just be using an Aiptek Mini PenCam that has been modified to take pictures and then eventually move up to something nicer with a nicer plane as well. Just curious because I'm starting out on this. Thanks for your advice!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Riverman

Default RE: Parkzone Typhoon for AP?

I've used the Parkzone Typhoon for AP/AV. It's a great little plane and I've had a lot of fun with it, but if your reason for choosing it is specifically AP, I would recommend against it. It has plenty of power for hauling the gear, but it is extremely unstable making it difficult to fly at any great altitude. Aircraft with positive stability make better AP planes in my experience.
Check this link out for an inflight video of the Typhoon.
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmK7EFnMHr4]Parkzone Typhoon AV[/link]

Cheers
Old 04-05-2007, 07:19 AM
EpoweredRC

ORIGINAL: Riverman

I've used the Parkzone Typhoon for AP/AV. It's a great little plane and I've had a lot of fun with it, but if your reason for choosing it is specifically AP, I would recommend against it. It has plenty of power for hauling the gear, but it is extremely unstable making it difficult to fly at any great altitude. Aircraft with positive stability make better AP planes in my experience.
Check this link out for an inflight video of the Typhoon.
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmK7EFnMHr4]Parkzone Typhoon AV[/link]

Cheers
what kinda camera are you using?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Riverman

Something like this:
[link=http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180101720392]DV Camera[/link]
They don't make the exact model I used in that video anymore but this is the updated 2007 version.

Cheers
Old 04-05-2007, 06:03 PM
EpoweredRC

Oh alright, I didnt click on the video lastnight just wondered, I did just now watch it, looks good, I have one of the Apik all in one deals. I think it might be to heavy to put on a plane. unless I gutted it out.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Mr. Mugen

I modded my super cub to 5 channel and it takes awesome video. It is an awesome floater. With some easy mods it can really fly fast or slow. It has plenty of lifting power for the extra gear too. Just a thought.