Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

PocketCamX conversion available!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:29 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PocketCamX conversion available!

I just bought an Aiptek PocketCamX to mate with the MagpieAP that I'm building. I planned on triggering the shutter with a servo.

An Aiptek 1.3 SD was my first AP camera, and I bought that with the conversion to trigger it from the Tx via an empty channel. I've been real happy with it and that caused me to get another Aiptek - along with the very nice deal that Aiptek has on now for the PocketCamX.

At this weekend's swap meet in Georgetown, Texas I saw a PenCam 1.3 SD for sale with a very clean conversion - it allows for the camera to be operated either normally or from the Tx. The one I have currently lost the ability to function like a normal camera because the wires were routed through the battery bay, so it can't house the AAA's to use it as a "land camera" any more.

I met the fellow who does the conversion and told him I really wished that someone would figure the same conversion for the PocketCamX. He reached into a box and pulled out his prototype! He's hoping to make it available soon - maybe in the next few weeks.

If anyone is interested in getting one of the PenCam 1.3 SD's that are currently available, he has them for $ 65, including a 128Mb SD card.

The web site is:

www.RCPlaneCams.com

The price he quoted me is very attractive and I'm hoping he can get one to me within the next few weeks. I'll be posting pics as soon as I have them!

BobbyG
Old 04-07-2007, 08:15 PM
cfv007
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: PocketCamX conversion available!

Hi Bobby ...
Did you ever get one of the new PocketCamX cameras yet? I just got 2 of them. Only one problem. I cant for the life of me figure out how to get them to work. I had one of the original blipcams and it was very easy to figure out. These new cameras didnt even come with any instructions on how to use them when plugging them into a receiver. They came with great instructions for using them like a normal camera but no mention of how to use them for AP. To be honest they dont even function correctly in the normal camera mode. Im hoping its just that I dont understand how to use them yet, because so far, they are useless. I have emailed the company and am waiting to hear from them.

Chuck
Old 04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
noto

Default RE: PocketCamX conversion available!

Hey Chuck I got your email about not understanding how to use them. Due to a lack of time on my part I hadn't put together a good doc on how to use connected to the Rx.
The info in the email I sent in reply should have you working in no time and have it make some sense

If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me an email.