Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

where can I find videos from within the craft?

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

where can I find videos from within the craft?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 09:06 PM
AirBlender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can I find videos from within the craft?

I want to see some live footage from within a fixed wing or heli. Who's got some recorded video?
Old 02-05-2003, 02:32 PM
MikeDD

Try here;
http://www.augustoheli.com/videos/vi...eo/default.asp
Old 02-10-2003, 01:47 AM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

www.hoverbatics.com has video from several different airplane platforms.

Dont watch after eating a big meal, youre liable to lose your lunch on some of them
Old 02-10-2003, 02:58 AM
jsonin
My Feedback: (4)

To whoever runs/owns the hoverbatics site:

1. For those of us on non-Win machines and can't get the latest version of Windows Media Player, the wmplayer files will not show the video (the compression algorithm works only with the latest WMP/Win-only version).
2. Some of the mpeg clips 'aren't found on the server.'
3. Anyway to let us know we're downloading a monster file? hehe...

Thanks for the site... fun..

-Juhan
Old 02-12-2003, 05:41 PM
wingspan99
My Feedback: (2)

Default Movie site

Juhan, I understand the new version of WMP is available for Mac. The wmv compression software I used was free and highly featured. I have mpg compression software but it has much lower quality. I had some recent hosting problems when my host terminated service saying something about bandwidth abuse... I had to reload the site somewhere else and I had to pare it down a bit. I think all the video links but the very last one should be working now. I added a few new ones too!
-Tom
Old 02-12-2003, 06:26 PM
wingspan99

Default Windows Media Player for Mac

I was told the Windows Media Player 9 for Mac was available. What I see is the following available from Microsoft's web site:

Windows Media Player for Mac 7.1

Sporting a new Aqua interface and with full support for the industry-leading Windows Media Technologies, this new version of our player opens the world of Windows Media content to Macintosh users, enabling them to access the best audio and video on the Web.

Date: 1/2/2002 Popularity: #205 English download

Windows Media Player for Mac OS X

Introducing Windows Media Player Mac OS X, Carbonized for version 10.1 of Apple’s newest operating system.

Date: 1/2/2002 Popularity: #256 English download

* Popularity is based on rank in the Download Center.

I guess neither of these play the WMV files on my website. I understand that Mac users will eventually see a version 9 for Mac WM Player. I'll make more Mpg's until then.
-Tom
Old 02-14-2003, 09:04 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

my movies... www.philsrcworld.fsnet.co.uk/movies.htm and i even have the codec link so you can view them, may also work the other movies you cant see....
so far i found sticking the camera looking forwards, down, left or right between the prop and wing works best, see "Clouds" short or long versions. The camera was mearly mounted on its tripod which was layed flat on top of a bit of foam and banded on top of the wing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	55282_743.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	32538  
Old 02-14-2003, 10:12 PM
wingspan99

Default Cool Videos!

Cool vid Phillybaby! I started to video my prophanging from a tripod about two weeks ago. Today I finally met my goal of doing continuous TR's on the deck, less than five feet high. It was thrilling and exciting. I caught it on video. I was standing about 75 feet away because I had been doing TR's 20 feet high until today. Future TR vids will be much closer (and hopefully in some sunshine) like yours.
FirstTRonDeck.wmv 2mb
Old 02-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Cactus.

Thanks for the comment
i cant get my head around TR yet but i will get videos when i do.
that video was about 6 mins of hanging in all, but that clip was the best few seconds on there

nice torques, if my Cougar would spin that fast i might just get it. i think it need provoking rather than just leaving it without correction... i did manage 5 in a row the other day... but it was spinning the wrong way!
Old 02-16-2003, 05:31 PM
jsonin
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks Tom for the update.

-Juhan
Old 02-16-2003, 07:12 PM
wingspan99

Default TR spinning

PhillyBaby, if you can't get it to torque roll try increasing the pitch and blade width of the prop you are using. I noticed that with the 3D props, the APC 14x4W, I got very little torque roll, and some funny right rolls like yours. I put a 14x6 Master Airscrew on it and bingo it started to roll very nicely. You need a little torque because in a breeze the wind will tend to stop the roll unless you have some torque. If it torques too fast you have to give it more power and climb up a little bit. It grabs a little fresh air and slows the roll. If you pull the throttle back it will whip-roll and fall out. -Tom
Old 02-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Cactus.

set up is Cougar 2000, Leo 37 and Master 11x4, this is a known set up for TR, i just cant get my head to work ,always have been useless inverted ect. The Cougar is so stable in the hang any breeze and it dun wanna spin at all, i have been told netural for TR is 5 degrees on its back and slight right(i think) rudder, i really think i need to provoke it with left aileron, could also do with a pro trying it and showing me how to TR MY plane.
gonna get a sim i think so i can do it close and low and force my brain to learn, hanging high up is hard enough.
and when i get it i'll get it on cam, and i think onboard cam would be cool too
Old 02-16-2003, 09:40 PM
wingspan99

Default Sim will help TR

A sim will definitely help you wrap your brain around the TR. I started with R/C Pilot, a dumb-down version of G2, then I bought G2. When I could torque roll everything including the P-51 and trainer I sold it for only $25 less than I bought it for a year ago. I found that yes I learned the inputs correctly but I still couldn't torque roll my real planes. It turns out they were underpowered. They could only hover at 2/3 throttle and they really needed to TR at 1/3 throttle, and have rocket power/weight ratios. I'm waiting for G3, or whatever's next in the G2 line. -Tom