Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Twinstar II Futaba Transmitter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 07:10 PM
justletmesearch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twinstar II Futaba Transmitter?

If I'm mounting two wireless cameras on a Twinstar, both of which are mounted on servos, do I need more than a 6 channel transmitter?
I can't think of anything else I'd need to control except for the two additional servos. What model Futaba are you Twinstar owners using?

Old 03-04-2007, 09:53 PM
twinturbostang

Default RE: Twinstar II Futaba Transmitter?

If they are both facing the same way, and are going to be controlled together (eg: 3D stereoscopic video), then I suppose you could do it with 5 channels.

However, extra channels may come in handy in the future. You could add flaperon control since the Twinstar has two aileron servos. Or additional channels could be used for other things (flight stabilization, digital still camera trigger, etc.). Or it's possible you might have a need for additional channels on a different plane in the future. It's up to you to decide if you need them or not.

I use the Futaba 9C for all of my planes and love it. It has 9 channels, which is more than you need usually. Although I have thought of some applications that could use one or two more. It has a CAMPac memory module for storing the plane memory, which is great, because you can always pull that out and plug another one in if you add more planes to your hangar. The 9C also has nice flexibility with the trainer port for if you ever get into flying FPV (First Person View) with active head tracking. If you're not looking to get the transmitter with the receiver and servos, you can get just the transmitter (and charger, frequency module) here: http://www.servocity.com/html/9ca_super_systems.html
Old 03-05-2007, 12:43 PM
justletmesearch

Flight stab. is something I've been looking into. I'm going to have to leave one channel for that then.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:42 PM
twinturbostang

Depending on what brand you get, I believe you can have it active all the time, for situations where you don't have the extra channel. However, I like to have control over the stabilization and be able to turn it on or off.