Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Short time for movie mode..

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Fastsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short time for movie mode..

I have been reading about the movie mode on digital cameras. Most are stating around 20 seconds of video. Is it the memory size that prevents the camera from making a bigger movie or does the battry fade out after this? Thankx for any info. P.S.: I just read that Sony Europe is coming out with a new line of compact digital cameras that can produce a 22 minute video in VGA quality with a 1 gig memory stick. Sounds good, but also pricy!!
Old 02-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Default Short time for movie mode..

Memory...

You can trade recording time for quality....

Watch for new DVD recorders and more memory stick devices to begin appearing in time for the Christmas rush... pick them up for much less around Feb of next year....
Old 02-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Fastsky

Default DVD recorders

I took a quick look at some video recorders and the smallest ones I saw where much heavier and bulkier than most of the cameras. They are a lot smaller than a few years ago but still much bigger than I want to try to mount in a plane.