Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

antennea question - putting a camera on a dancer...

Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

antennea question - putting a camera on a dancer...

Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 PM
jewett18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antennea question - putting a camera on a dancer...

Greetings Folks

so i have an unusual question here...

I am a Choreographer and am interested in putting tiny wireless cameras on my dancers for a piece I am developing.

I have tried the $30 ebay variety in the past - but you get what you pay for re dropouts etc...

I am thinking about going with some of the Black Widow stuff (I need to run 3 transmitters simultaneously)

so I was thinking about going with these 500 mw units:
http://www.blackwidowav.com/TD240500TX.html

my question is if there is some way to use a 'wire' as an antenna - like with this unit:
http://www.blackwidowav.com/bwav240050components.html

as you might imagine, the bigger antennas are going to look pretty lousy on the dancer's costumes and a thin wire is significantly smaller / more controllable...

is there a way to buy/make a wire like this work for an antenna?

there is a remarkable amount of radio noise in a theater with dimmers and so on so it seems like a more powerful transmitter would be helpful and the 500 mw unit is only the tiniest bit bigger...

thanks for any thoughts about the antennae or other aspects of this project -
I need some low lux cameras as well and would love recommendations on those as well...

thanks!
jamie
(sorry for cross posting)
Old 03-27-2007, 11:37 PM
justletmesearch

Default RE: antennea question - putting a camera on a dancer...

You cross posted AND this has nothing to do with aerial video or R/C for that matter.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 AM
jewett18

Default RE: antennea question - putting a camera on a dancer...

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)"

actually

it DOES have to do with aerial video - I am using the SAME technology and as far as I can tell these two forums are the only place to get information on the subject -

furthermore I have related problems/questions - interference, miniaturization and so on...

so - I certainly apologize if my benign question upset you -
it seems to me that the posts could certainly be relevant to others -
I am after all asking about antenna technology for wireless video cameras -

perhaps you could consider the dancers large, and very low flying rc vehicles capable of extremely short flights only

anyway - no offense intended and frankly I can't see how my related question is remotely harmful to you
it seemed to me it might be an interesting puzzle to consider [&:]

or at least within the rubric of 'free flow of ideas'

best
jamie