Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

video setting for upload?

Old 06-06-2007, 09:18 AM
moogly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default video setting for upload?

What the best comperssion setting for uploading video I put these videos up here and they compress the snot out of them and they end up blury and thr detail is wiped out the origials look great I'v tryed Wmv, H264, Qt ,avi Mpg2 , mpeg4
it all look like ^%^%!!
any Ideas When I burn them to dvd in mpg2 they look worderful
Old 07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
DLZW

Default RE: video setting for upload?

Hi,

I had a fellow make a 4 min. DVD from a 30 year old Super 8 mm color film. How can I get this DVD to show up on the RC Universe videos?

DLZW
Old 07-31-2007, 09:50 AM
wjglynn

Default RE: video setting for upload?

You guys might want to try Windows Media Encoder 9. I believe you can download it for free from the Microsoft Site. I do not believe that WME9 can rip from a DVD format but it does a nice job converting formats for specific hosting intents. As the size of a video file is reduced by re-encoding or re-rendering (whatever you want to call it) the dimensions of the video is also reduced. The new video must be played at the smaller size or the apparent quality will suffer greatly. There is no free lunch. A high quality video played at full screen will require a large file. Take that awful looking video and squeeze its size down on the screen to a much smaller window. It will be smaller but it will look better. Unfortunately you cannot control what screen size the hosting service will display your video.

Another way to reduce the size of a video file is to reduce the quality of the audio. Aerial videos usually don't need to have 128bit per second stereo sound. Set your encoder to like voice quality (96bps) mono if you can.

There are a lot of ways to skin this cat and there are many experts/opinions out there. Experiment with any and all software you can find out there to find what will work best with your equipment.

Good Luck!

Bill