Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Dog Fight style VIDEO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:16 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dog Fight style VIDEO!!!

Hey I flew with a friend yesterday and I made this video.

[link=http://whiteknuckleairlines.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=26&page=view&catid=9&PageNo=1&key=7&hit=1]Video Here!!![/link]
Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
calvino

Default RE: Dog Fight style VIDEO!!!

Nice plane, cammera view... What cammera is in the plane and what plane is it that has the cam??? Cool flight vid. Got any more????
Old 07-09-2007, 06:14 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Downlink to goggles? What setup?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:14 PM
charrua

this is my 3rd Video this way (FPV) All our videos are [link=http://whiteknuckleairlines.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=26&catid=3]Here!!![/link]

The plane I used for this video was the Multiplex Easystart I saw others using it and it works awsome,,not only it's the perfect plataform for FPV but it an awsome flying plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Td92028.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	719299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11574.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	719300  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:48 AM
JMSTECH

Hey awsome video Charrau! Laughed at that stow away who was getting a free ride on your plane! Finally jumped into the Easy Star club! WELCOME BUDDY! I finally got mine on it's maiden flight last night too! I extended the rudder and she handles soooo good, I do not need ailerons now. (darn after I pre-wired her for it too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-MXapb7og Excuse the title... should of made them still instead of blending

The camera is not shown on the 1st picture but it's a KX151 with a 2.1mm wide angle lens on a Hitec panning servo. 11.1 800mA lipo for the camera and TX. 11.1 2100mH lipo for plane. I mounted the camera on the top of the canopy facing downward as possible so it didn't get too much bright light from the sky since it had always activated the AGC = closed iris or sensor and darken video image.
My future changes will be switching back to my Rangevideo A/V TX and getting a new A/V RX from Rangevideo (like charrau).

BTW charrau, what are you using to record your videos? Camcorder? I like how your video is very clear, must be a combination of recorder and Lawmate A/V TX RX.

Name:	Ol31413.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	719878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76906.jpg
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	719879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69242.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	719880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21810.jpg
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	719881  
Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 AM
charrua

Nice work o nthe Paint job!!!!,,man I watch your video it looks like you were pretty close to that light pole!!!

Ok to answer your question about recording video I'm using my old Sony DV camera (DCR-TRV38),,but I got a 10.4'' portable DVD player tablet screen where I watch I dont have googles,,I have a splitter comming from the A/V Receiver so I can have A/V going into the DV camera and the DVD player screen.

Didnt you have any problems with your electronics getting too hot inside the fuse the way you show it on the pictures???,,becasue on my maiden flight I installed everything inside the canopy and closed the canopy by the end of the flight when I removed the canopy I cld tell there was lot of head inside and ESC and battery were jind of hot.

So no I dont use the canopy I just leave that comparment open,,,the other thing,,my plane doesnt loos as nice as that one,,I just mde it to use the camera gear so the way I built it was with tape,,I fly Delta Wings so the way they are built is with reiforcement packing tape so I used that to hold the 2 hapf of fuse togeather,,it doesnt look pretty but it's super strong it wont break even if I crashed it nose in,,I also run the tape all along the bottom of the plae so it wont hurt it when belly landing it.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 AM
JMSTECH

Yeah tape it for extra reinforcement is a great idea! As for the heat, I cut a vent in front of the nose like the vent in front of the motor. I never fly full throttle since she glides so sweetly! The ESC, well I'm making some triangular air scoop now now for it.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the paint job. Anyone can do it As for the method of recording, yes I suspected that was how you did it, still the best way of recording you know. I couldn't justify buying a camcorder with A/V input just for FPVing, so I'm stuck with USB capture box ($120.00); works fine but not as good as your way of recording.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 AM
calvino

i like the paint scheme as well. A 2.1 amp lipo!!!! you will want to find the plane soon before someone else takes your $$$$$$$$ battery. I have to say you guys are prety cool with in flight footage and pics. It is hard to think that the military is spending big bucks to do what you do with a $20 cammera and a $100 plane. Cool idea, now I have to purchase or make a plane to carry a cammera...
Old 07-10-2007, 02:57 PM
charrua

ORIGINAL: mini t

i like the paint scheme as well. A 2.1 amp lipo!!!! you will want to find the plane soon before someone else takes your $$$$$$$$ battery. I have to say you guys are prety cool with in flight footage and pics. It is hard to think that the military is spending big bucks to do what you do with a $20 cammera and a $100 plane. Cool idea, now I have to purchase or make a plane to carry a cammera...

It's cheaper than real flying that's for sure but the cheapest thing here is the plane,,then everything else to get it in the air and get the video we probably got anywhere from $500 to $600 or more on one of this "Cheap Planes"
Old 07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
JMSTECH

What the military spends??? Hmmm I think they spend $31 000.00 on one Raven. Which is a Easy Star look a like with a non head tracking camera and no goggle. Just a 2" LCD on the radio tx. But they claim it will travel up to 10 km.... Hmmm I think Steve Molmer here on RCU gets an average of 15 MILES on his rig and Jettpilot with 6 miles!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:26 AM
charrua

Hey JMSTECH ,,what motor is it the one on the picture????
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 AM
JMSTECH

I'm using a Hyperion P1913 ( http://aircraft-world.com/shopdispla...motors+%2D+400 ) It's a brushed 400 replacement. Actually it's got more guts than a 400 and almost half the size. I love them and they were recommended to me by the top dogs in the FPV world. They are precision CNC machined and the way they turn with out power, feels really weird! Very different compared to Eflight! But they sure crank once a little juice is applied to them! I'm now hooked on their products!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:26 PM
charrua

I just took at look at them and their staff it's way over priced for being in Asia it should be 1/2 those prices!!!!

United hobbies it's pretty cheap but it take like 1 month to get your staff!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:59 PM
flyingace451

Freakin AWESOME camera settup!!! I really like it, and the servo to allow for panning the camera...wow...makes me want to go buy an easystar and a camera but I know it is not that "easy" to do. You should make a helmet device that would place the DVD player screen right in front of your face like some sort of HUD or something.

Seriously, Kudos on the video work.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
JMSTECH

Or just buy a video goggle and do the same thing with a fraction of the weight.
My new set FH-545BK simulates a 80" screen standing 1 meter back. My old set (the picture of me wearing the blue jacket) which I'm selling for $90.00 simulates 41" screen monitor standing 1 meter back with a lithium battery life of 3 hours per full charge. As for head up display with overlay data on the screen, well you need a Intelligentflight OSD with GPS. ( http://www.intelligentflight.com.au/solutions_osd.aspx ) Actually Mark is still finalizing his betas before retailing. You can view this video from RC-Tech as Andre (one of the beta testers) flies with his head tracking system (the father of this technology) on his Easyglider. Here is the video http://www.rc-tech.ch/videos/IFOSD.wmv This might drive you nuts and want to break out your wallet!!!!

Oh yeah here is my sample video of the head tracker in motion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pquXOBb4K4

Name:	By76611.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	721850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79953.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	721851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44666.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	721852  
Old 07-14-2007, 12:11 AM
JMSTECH

quote: I just took at look at them and their staff it's way over priced for being in Asia it should be 1/2 those prices!!!!

United hobbies it's pretty cheap but it take like 1 month to get your staff!!!

Are they (United Hobbies) selling the same Hyperion motors? I was told that you can buy 2 or more other brushless motors or you can buy just one Hyperion and it will last and last forever! It's the way the whole motor is fabricated, no cheap stuff here. Even the package is well presented and constructed! So in the long run, Hyperion is cheaper.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 PM
charrua

Hey JMTECH

That Video it's pretty cool,,second how do you like the goggles??? My Friend just got all his A/V staff from Future Hobbies and we were testing it and we were not very impressed with those goggles,,the pic quiality it's not all hat good and they make ou dizzy and the picture looks kind of blueish!!!
The those guys at future hobies sent him the wrog patch antennas and they never get back on the phone,,he's kind of pissed about them and probably never buy from them again after spending over 1k on staff.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:33 PM
JMSTECH

Well I love my FH-545BK. From what I heard it's the best for $300.00! So too bad about your friend having troubles with Futurehobbies, I heard they are extremely busy now and they take too long to answer emails. For a while Rangevideo was having that problem and now they are not so busy now and their service is better, so it depends on how busy these guys are. After all they both are good people but they are a one man operation.

Now I'm not sure why you guys are getting a blueish video, perhaps a faulty unit? And getting dizzy with blurry, well it may not be aligned to your eyes? My friend gets that way because his eyes are slightly wider apart from most of us so the goggles makes him dizzy.

Other than that, both my unit works perfect for me and I can't fly in other ways. Flying by video goggle is a great way to enjoy viewing the scenery and controlling the rc plane as if you are actually in the cockpit! Others who do this will tell everyone the same thing, once fly by goggle - always fly by goggle
Old 07-15-2007, 10:50 AM
charrua

MMM,,that's wired you right I havent heard anyone complaining about them,,,we tried them at my shop and we only had artifcial light,,and still raining here so we couldnt even try it today,,we flew but with just my DVD player screen,,maybe it it were sunny it might be ok,,i'll tell you when we really get to test them right!!!

So far the only big difference I noticed beatween his Camera and mine is,,it has much wider field of view out of the stock lens,,he has that 580 high res. with the stock lens that comes with it and I got the 380 camera with the 2.9 wide lens camera,,,and with the stock servo only turning 90 deg. he can see the wingtip on his plane and the cameras are set up in the same plane on the planes,,,so I think he wont need the wide angle lens.

WE probably get the mods servos from Servo City on Monday we got some hs225 mods to 180 rotation and also some of those cable to make any servo rotate 180 we'll see how it works.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:06 AM
JMSTECH

His 580tvl camera may have great resolution but the A/V RX & TX can only handle aprox 400tvl to 420tvl, anyhow you will find your KX131 (380 tvl) camera will handle the change in light much better. Why? Lower resolution means less info for the sensor to process so it has more resources to do things like react faster to light changes (AGC); sky, sun, green ground. Or you can buy the next best proven FPV camera the KX 151 480tvl.

As for how others use the video goggles under bright condition, most put a black shirt over their head while flying via goggle. Optimizing darkness and eliminating any interfering light sources so you get a better picture while flying by goggle. I usually don't care and simply fly with nothing over my head, this way I can still see the plane by goggle or by normal visual.

Wide angle lenses (2.1mm) are great for some videos but the 2.9mm (same as human perception) is also good, it's just a matter of taste. I'm using both but prefer the 2.9mm over all.

Using the servo stretcher. Don't forget to cut out the gear stopper inside or risk tearing your gears and ruining your servo; done that one before myself. So far I'm having pretty good success with my HS 81 and 3- 1/8watt- 2k ohm resistors. It's cheap, no added weight or bird nest of wires. But the servo extender is affordable and ready to go right out of the box. So good and bad in both method. Another thing about the Hitec servos, you should select servos that are not metal gears because the gears only go half way (machined that way from factory.) Nylon gears has teeth that goes all around. If you spin 180' with metal gears and guess what will happen when you pan 180'? Yup your servo will run out of gear teeth to travel and you will have to fly back home with the camera stuck in one position. Not fun! [:@] Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

Name:	Zx70728.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	724497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75202.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	724498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39054.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	724499  
Old 07-17-2007, 05:27 PM
charrua

yep I agree with you about the kx 131 and the one he has I noticed with the goggles if you fly towards the sun you cant see $hiit,,,and with mine an the DVD player it's perfect,,I got to fly some with the googles yesterday and man they screwed me up I got kind of sick,,,so sick I couldnt handle it anymore and he had to take over the plane!!!

goggles are not for me I'll keep flying with my 10.4'' LCD screen it works perfect for me!!!
man he was having so much fun yesterday that we flew for about almost 2 hrs til he was comming for landing and about 2ft off he lost Video,,,guess what run out of battery for the A/V TX,,he landed it fine those planes will land by themself but the bttery it's Done,,,we all know you cant run a lipo all the way down,,,but it was worth it the fun we had!!

Talking about pan since im a bit tail havy i decided to use a heavier servo I'm using a Hitec hs225 mini servo but I got one comm,ing from servo city already made to pan 180 same servo the hs225,,and it works great cant wait until I can see the wingtip on my plane!!!!,,,his camera does just fine so with a 180 servo and the wide angle I bet he could see almost from 7 to 5o'clock,,,I'm almost sure of that since with a servo only panning 90deg and the stock lens he can see the wingtip,,,it's awsome!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 AM
JMSTECH

Too bad about your motion sickness problem, should I send you a barf bag? Hey I flew my Twinstar once until I totally drained my 11.1 2100mH Thunder Power lipo. First time and last time since I fried that brand new lipo, yeah "they no like" under 3 volts[:@]

I assume the next time I watch another very cool video from you, I should see wing tip to tip? And perhaps a bigger passenger on board your plane?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
charrua

I'm working on another video now but not wing tip to wing tip yet,,,ohhh I forgot to tell you I'm gonna make a short one of one of my last flights,,,I went into fail safe and I crashed into a tree!!!!! that was very funny but it didnt hurt anything,,that plane it's very durable!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 PM
JMSTECH

Yeah tell me about durable. On my last flight I crashed too and the nose broke into 5 pieces! My servos went nuts again and I think it may have something to do with my RX. Anyhow it was easy to fix and considering the speed I was traveling and the altitude, the damage was small.... what a tough little plane! I will post that video too when I have the time!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:08 AM
charrua

That's why I built mine with reinforced tape like the way Delta wings are built (Zagi,elebee, etc.),,the only thing is it doesnt look pretty but it does make it a lot stronger.

Now my next issue is trying to figure out a way to keep the motor from sliding into the plane and cutting my fuselage with the prop,,it looks like it gets hot and it has melted the foam arround it so it slides foreward,,,on the one we put togeather for my friend we put a stopper to keep the motor from sliding,,,but now I'm stuck with mine like that,,maybe running a CF rod from side to side might work!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.