Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

RECOMMEND THE BEST STILL/VIDEO CAMERA FOR SMALL ELECTRICS

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

RECOMMEND THE BEST STILL/VIDEO CAMERA FOR SMALL ELECTRICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:32 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RECOMMEND THE BEST STILL/VIDEO CAMERA FOR SMALL ELECTRICS

This is my first try on this forum, and I'm out of my area of expertise here--so be patient.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm looking for recommendations for photo gear that is small/light enough to be used with a small(39" , electric (Ultra Stik) for a search/rescue operation to find a lost plane. It needs to have good enough resolution to be able to pick out a plane from above some very rough country where my plane "went in". I have tried in vain to find the plane, even from a helicopter, but it's "out there."

I originally was thinking of a small digital camera, but a wireless video will probably work just as well or better. It needs to be relatively affordable as well. Any recommendations, will a small plane like that be able to carry the equipment, and how should everything be mounted.

I'd appreciate any help from the video/camera experts as to what is available, is affordable, and works. I saw something at a Radio Shack for around $175 complete with 380 resolution lines with supposedly a 300' range. Is that enough to give the resolution necessary to find a plane?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Mcgiver
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RECOMMEND THE BEST STILL/VIDEO CAMERA FOR SMALL ELECTRICS

Hello, Mcgiver here . I just happened upon your post and I saw a guy this past Sat. that had a small digital movie camera attached to his electric foamy bi-plane and it did a great job filming the flight line at the fly-in. He said you can buy them at CVS pharmacys or Rite-Aid for $20 to $22 and take the camera out of the case and mount it to the bottom of your plane, attached to the reciever through a servo slot. You have to do a little soldering on the camera circuit board to connect the servo wire but its a cheap way to go.
I hope this helps you in some way.

Mcgiver
Old 08-22-2007, 08:44 PM
akouzmit

Another choise: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6062814/tm.htm with video clip sample, camera review and place to buy.

Thanks,
Andrew.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 AM
JMSTECH

Ever tried out Rangevideo, futurehobbies etc.. for a KX151 with 500mW video TX/RX? If you buy cheap stuff, you will realize that you wasted your money because of regrettable results. Happened to me!