Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Battery pack for camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
freekydeeky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery pack for camera

Looking for some advice. I have a small board camera that requires a small AC plug-in adapter. I would like to power the camera with the optimal battery pack (small size and long life). I am just a simple geologist so I'm not too confident in what I am doing. Desperately trying to avoid burning up the camera with an incorrect power supply. Pics are attached. Can someone recommend a battery pack and procedure for getting this thing running without an AC adapter?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96767.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	847623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14695.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	847624  
Old 01-10-2008, 08:12 PM
SON OF PALEFACE
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Battery pack for camera

As the plug pack's output is 12v dc , a 3s lipo 11.1v nominal should work , or a car battery , or 10 cells Nicad or Nimh .........
Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

300 mA is pretty low draw. You probably won't need a very big battery. Theoretically, you could take an hour of video on a 300 mAh battery. (It would be safer to estimate 500 mA per hour.)

Jim
Old 01-11-2008, 04:20 PM
oxyfx

Well, the one thing you should be really careful about is the polarity. If you plan to modify the cable connections, please pay extra attention to the polarity. Make sure you connect the red wire to the positive lead of the battery and the black cable to the negative. The yellow cable (or possibly white) indicates the video signal. Make sure that is clean and doeas not touch the other two. Usng a 3 cell lipo (11.1V) battery will not burn the camera down, only if you reverse the polarity. You can also probably use a vide variety of other batteries, just make sure the votage is not more than 12V and not less than 9.5V. The AMP of the battery doesn't matter, because the camera will only draw as much power as it needs. There are small 3 cell batteries wiht 500-600-800mAh, which should give you plenty time of opertation.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:44 PM
SON OF PALEFACE
My Feedback: (1)

Here's the lipo site from United hobbies , any of the smaller packs , 3s or 11.1v should work edit...had my details