Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

2.4GHz 1000mW KPC650HQ Help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 AM
///////|lpine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4GHz 1000mW KPC650HQ Help.

Hello,

After some help setting up this system from out of the box. i have a car battery to power the rx and a 3c 11.1v lipo for the tx.

Items include..

Aerial Video System 2.4GHz 1000mW KPC650HQ

2.4GHz 14dBi Patch receiver antenna

Rvision-D high resolution goggles

All products are from Rangevideo.

What i'm after is a step by step guide to setting this up so i dont damage anything. I just want to test it at home first, see how it goes.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
headhunter23

Default RE: 2.4GHz 1000mW KPC650HQ Help.

From what I've read you want to ensure the antenna's are plugged in before powering on. From there you can power up the system. Uhhh... what else would you need? yellow is video, red and white are normally audio. power is... well power. Didn't it come with instructions?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:33 AM
///////|lpine

Yer i did but instructions not much good or it is me i dont no lol . i pluged it all in and i have power to all but no pic in coming from the cam . There is power to the transmitter its getting hot . the goggles have power i put them on my dvd player to test them that was ok.
The receiver has power the light come on .the antennas r plutged in b4 i power it all up .

If there is tutorial video or some type of help
Old 01-27-2008, 12:22 PM
headhunter23

I would assume it's not on the same channel. Isn't there a 4 channel switch on the receiver? Just flick through those while its on. The other thing you could check is power the camera and plug it directly into your goggles (the video cable) so you can test the camera. If that works then it would simply be your transmitter isn't communicating with your receiver. If you can post the directions, I can probably help you.

Ivan.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:55 AM
///////|lpine

i have tryed all of the 8 channels and there is a A and B setting on it .
This is the layout of the receiver
POWER A----B A/V CHANNELS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DC 12V IN
Old 01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
headhunter23

Some other person had posted previously that there were dip switches and that was the reason the video didn't work. Are these available to you?

Ivan.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:23 AM
///////|lpine

Yes, the RX has 8 dip switches and the TX is pre set to channel 4... i've tryed all the channels and nothing.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 AM
headhunter23

[] starting to think you will need to contact seller. The other guy had read the dip switches upside down. Couldn't hurt to try.

Ivan.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:44 PM
oxyfx

You need to identify which piece is the problem first. The 1000mW tx will get hot anyway, 1W is a lot of power...

So far we know your goggles work, so you can put that aside. Connect the camera directly to a TV's input and the power, make sure you have the right polarity for the power connector. set the TV to A/V input, and power the camera on. Check it out if you can see a picture or not - this way you can verify if the cam is working right.

As for the TX - it needs 12V. The 3 cell LiPo should be good if it is fully charged, but I would also try it from a power source like a transformer - be careful read the rating of the transformer, it shoudl provide a minimum 650mA at 12V. Make sure there is an antenna connected to the TX - otherwise you'll burn down the RF amp in it.Now power up your receiver, and connect it to the same cable the camera was connected before. You should see lines on the TV - like when there is no broadcast on the selected channel. Set the TX to the same channel as the RX, and turn it on without any camera conencted to it. The picture on the tv should go black. That is an indication the TX is working right. If it is not black, then the TX is the problem.

If it is all good, then try the whole system together again. Your problem might be coming from maybe not enough power to the camera or to the TX to start the boradcast.

Ox.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:21 AM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

The reciever pictured on the Rangevideo web page looks like the same reciever I have (purchased from future hobbies(see below picture)). When viewed with the text right side up, the DIP switches should be in up position. The switch that is down is the selected channel. When I was digging for specs, I discovered that this reciever actually switches channels. If you have more than one channel selected, it will switch between selected channels every few seconds. Its basically set up to scan between different security cameras.

Make sure you start with all switches in the up position, and then move the channel 4 switch down.

The transmitter also has a thermal protection on it. These transmitters need air flowing over them to cool them properly. If it was turned on for a long time before you got around to setting up the reciever, it might have gone into thermal protect. It will reset when it cools down.

Finally, you may want to verify that the transmitter is actually preset to channel 4. Its also dip switch selectable. They're small, but you should be able to access the three dip switches. Its a simple binary code to determine which channel its on. Think of the dip switch as being set to 0 or 1

000 - Channel 1
001 - Channel 2
010 - Channel 3
011 - Channel 4
100 - Channel 5
101 - Channel 6
110 - Channel 7
111 - Channel 8

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55702.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	9.8 KB