Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

SlowStick+ Aiptek

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 01:29 AM
outflying3d
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SlowStick+ Aiptek

I will soon be trying some aerial photography with a SlowStick and an Aiptek pen cam. I am looking for some pix of how you guys have mounted the camera the the SlowStick. Any comments or sugestions would be great also.

Thanks,
Curt
[email protected]
Old 04-27-2003, 09:33 PM
jmh

Hello Curt, Here is the set-up I use. I still use the old servo method to operate my PenCam. I can turn it on, take pictures, turn on the video, etc. Happy to answer any questions.......jmh
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	74080_9044.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	44172  
Old 04-28-2003, 12:19 AM
let_it_fly

JMH,
What kind of motor are you using? i'm thinking about a cam and figure i need more motor. i am thinking about the pen cam also. is it a good cam? i want a clear pic.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:56 AM
outflying3d
My Feedback: (11)

Default Questions??

Hey JHM,
Thanks for replying. OK what is the fish hook used for ????
I too would like to know what motor and battery combo you are using? How does it fly with the added weight? If it would not be much trouble could you take a pix of the other side of your mount? It really looks like you have the cam held in there really well !

Thanks again!
Curt
Old 04-28-2003, 01:31 AM
jmh

I am using a Mini AC 1215/16 with a MP JET 3.8:1 gearbox. The battery is a 8 cell KAN 950 pack. Using a 10x7 prop pulling about 13 amps. Fish hooks???are actually lines that tie into the wing to take the flex out. This makes a very much more rigid system. Will attach picture of servo side of camera. I am still using a servo to operate the camera. I can turn the camera on, take pictures, then switch to video if wanted. This will allow you to do anything the camera is capable of doing. You can even erase everything if you want to.

With this motor/gearbox set-up, there is no lack of power to climb out of site in short order. I have a 6:1 gearbox on back order. I will use a 12x6 prop and should get even better performance.

I was using the stock motor system, but the motor burnt out taking the speed controller with it. So I decided to go brushless. The power of these little brushless motors is amazing. You will be happy with a brushless motor. jmh
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	74113_9044.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	44173