Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Any one have any used TX RX or camera they might wat to sell?

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Any one have any used TX RX or camera they might wat to sell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 04:07 PM
n00bflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one have any used TX RX or camera they might wat to sell?

Hey Everybody,

I'm just starting out in this area of RC flight. I'm really excited to get some decent equipment to start flying by camera view. I have figured out an acceptable way to view the recieved video but I really need some decent TX, RX and camera equipment. Unfortunalty.....as always it seems for me....I'm on a super tight budget so buying new just isn't in the cards. I would prefer 900mhz stuff. I don't care too much about camera quality I just need to send and recieve a clean signal over 500-700 feet. Currently I have one of those 2.4ghz nanny cam setups from e-bay. It came with the camera/built in TX, 4 channel RX, power supplys and cables. The TX specs. says it has a 10mW power output, not the greatest. The RX can recieve on 4 different channels.

So again I either need to get a whole nother 900mhz TX RX and camera set up, OR I MIGHT be able to use someones used 2.4ghz TX if it will transmit on a frequency that my RX will pick up. And I would still need a camera to go with that. I don't think my RX minds if it's either NTSC or PAL but my little 2.4 ghz camera does say it's a NTSC.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:56 PM
ucando3dee

Default RE: Any one have any used TX RX or camera they might wat to sell?

I have a 70" wingspan SIG Kadet LT-40 (check the Tower Hobby website or catalog for a photo) with a Royal .40 2 cycle engine, 4 servos (Elev., Ail., Rud., Throt.) w/Futaba narrow band transmitter, receiver, battery, etc. This airplane will haul any reasonable weight camera setup safely and be easily controlled. It hasn't flown for several years, but I am confident that it will fly just fine. I will ground test it prior to shipment. All you need do is charge up and fly, all on Ch 42 FM which is a 72mhz frequency. Delivered to Detroit for $165. Pay my relative on delivery by Money Order. I can get the outfit to Detroit coming West through Toledo area. Please contact me directly at: [email protected] x
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 PM
n00bflyer

Thanks for the offer, though I already have a plane (and helicopter) I just need the camera gear. Or if your setup has camera gear on it already they maybe I'll buy it =)
Old 04-09-2008, 04:24 PM
headhunter23

What kind of radio do you have? As long as it doesn't operate on 2.4ghz then I have the 10mw 2.4 ghz tx and rx from range video. Brand new unused still in sealed bags etc. 90 bucks. Its absolutely tiny, with a goof proof antenna that you can make yourself it should cover the distance you require.

Here's details on it:

http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...products_id=91

email me if interested, [email protected] and I accept paypal, shipping is whatever it is you, I don't even make a penny on shipping. You would have to pay shipping though.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:29 AM
n00bflyer

Thanks but thats no more powerfull than my 10mW TX.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:42 AM
headhunter23

I guess. but with goof proof antenna should meet your needs, this is way better quality than the one you have. Ah well.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
n00bflyer

Yeah you are probably right about the quality. But I already have the same 2.4 ghz RX that comes with that package so $90 just for the TX is a little steep for me. Plus I still need to get a camera if I buy your stuff. My plan right now it to buy the 2.4ghz 8dp patch antenna from range video. Last time I tested out my e-bay nanny cam set up It wasn''t so much the range I was having problems with, more the reception. It was a nice clear picture when the reception was good. *question* please explain how to make this "goof proof" antenna and how it''s better than the rubber duckie one that comes with the RX
Old 04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
headhunter23

You are going to love this, 8dbi for less than 10 bucks.

http://www.rc-cam.com/gp_patch.htm

As for camera, if you want a good quality one they are around a 100 bucks, the ones from black widow, range video etc are setup for flying so colors are set better etc. I''ve tried the cheapys off china and fact is they aren''t up to the challenge unless your very techincal and can mod them.

Ivan.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:51 PM
n00bflyer

Headhunter, thats an awesome link! Thanks. Funny I was just watching Mac Guyver last night so I''m all ready to make my own patch antenna. =)

Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 PM
headhunter23

Doesn't take long to make... probably the best 8dbi antenna I have found on the net. I want to stick one on a plane to see how much extra range I get for the receiver, although I'm a little concerned about the 65 degree angle that I'm able to use(not so much distance). Would go straight up really high though!

Ivan.