Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

New Generation Hobbies TX & RX

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:20 PM
JMSTECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Generation Hobbies TX & RX

I received this cleverly designed 2.4Ghz, 500mW A/V RX & TX from New Generation Hobbies a month ago and finally had the chance to test it out. First of all I like to complement Zoltan of NG Hobbies for a well thought out and well designed unit based on the Airwave modules.

There were guys at the flying field with the growing popular 2.4Ghz Spectrum radios but I kept about 40 to 50 feet from them and Zoltan's TX/RX showed no signs of any problems sharing the same field while FPVing.

The TX is powered by 6-20 volts and has a built in LED "power" indicator light with a overload protection circuit, which is also good to prevent accidental reversed polarity. I could of used this last year when I fried a Lawmate.
Downside to this is that it is double the size and weight of a comparable Lawmate, but the light weight Easystar handles this with absolutely no problems!

The RX is also smartly thought out with a convent case that could house a 9 volt 2 cell lipo which New Generation Hobbies sells (reported to last 2 hours per use). For this purpose I fabricated a adapter wire with a JST end on it to accept my 11.1V 2100 lipo. There is a LED "power" indicator light on the side and a ON/OFF switch with 3 RCA outputs (1 Video and 2 Audio out).

Here is a short video of this unit in flight. http://www.vimeo.com/980914
www.nghobbies.com

JMSTECH
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21247.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	944255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70533.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	944256   Click image for larger version