Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Aiptek, semi-fried? +Oregon Lake shot

Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Aiptek, semi-fried? +Oregon Lake shot

Old 05-06-2003, 06:12 PM
VFRmartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aiptek, semi-fried? +Oregon Lake shot

Hey Guys this is wierd.
I installed the SMTbackpack shutter switch on my Aiptek SD, with 64mb chip. Made about five aerial videos and 300+ land pics. Everything was setup great.
Then today at field I plug in the cam, go to set preferences of low resoultion and avi. And the shutter activates from the menu buton?Remote and manual shutter button did zip. I unplugged remote and put double AA's in and same thing...
Went home and gutted solder joints for remote plug. Visual inspection on both sides of motherboard looked good. reasymbled and menu button still activates shutter. And shutter button does nothing. And NO menu options. Cam is stuck on defalt settings of high res and picture mode.
Any suggestions on possible cause and cure.
Bummed out for now. Cam took sharp images on hobbico Superstar EP with 600 direct drive Graupner motor. No vibration.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	76342_30097.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	45488