Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

USB remote shooting for Canon?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
poundkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB remote shooting for Canon?

Hi,

I think I searched pretty thoroughly, but there's gotta be an answer. Here's the scoop. I want to use a Canon SD1000 Digital Elph for AP. I'm hoping to avoid using a servo for shutter actuation, so I checked the PRISM IR devices. Unfortunately, the SD1000 doesn't have an IR sensor for remote shooting. However, it seems like I could use USB. Does anyone know if there's something that will provide shutter actuation that plugs directly from the airplane receiver to the USB on my camera?

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
miata91phx

Default RE: USB remote shooting for Canon?

I don't see ANY remote shutter release capability on this paticular camera.
All the reviews I found said 'No Remote Shutter Release'. Not even via USB.

Looks like you're out of luck on this one.

Walter in Phoenix

ORIGINAL: poundkey

Hi,

I think I searched pretty thoroughly, but there's gotta be an answer. Here's the scoop. I want to use a Canon SD1000 Digital Elph for AP. I'm hoping to avoid using a servo for shutter actuation, so I checked the PRISM IR devices. Unfortunately, the SD1000 doesn't have an IR sensor for remote shooting. However, it seems like I could use USB. Does anyone know if there's something that will provide shutter actuation that plugs directly from the airplane receiver to the USB on my camera?

Thanks!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:04 PM
imora99

Default RE: USB remote shooting for Canon?

Try this link:

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SD1000

At least your camera is supported at the CHDK Wiki site. If what you want to do is possible, this is the website to visit. I know I can do what you want with my Canon A550 Powershot even thou it does not come with remote shutter capability.

I hope it helps.

Good luck!